I got some new headphones

Got Problems or Advice post here. Want to show off your PC bling?
PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Electronics.
PRETENDICA
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] PRETENDICA
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:17130959

I got some new headphones

Post by PRETENDICA »

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-S ... CCAT-Kave/

I took Stephen's wish list. I spent my drug money earnings on these babys. It's a sellers market. They give my face an orgasm.
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Re: I got some new headphones

Post by Stephen »

you got them now?
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Post by Magus »

I am extremely jealous.

Is my conversion wrong, or are those about 180 USD?
PRETENDICA
Manager

Post by PRETENDICA »

Yeah Stephen, they overnighted them from Great Britain(well, I ordered them Saturday night after playing all day on my shitty $25 Fatality kids headset. So they didn't mail them until Monday.) I got them here: http://www.medusa-usa.com/roccat-kave-s ... p-967.html
The Fatality ones were just too small for my head. I have a large head, I wear a large in hat size, I knew right away from seeing them in the box they'd be too small. These are much larger, and the cones cover my whole ear.
It was a little under 150.00 with the shipping. They are pretty snazzy. They feel like when the seal the airplane shut, and you're up in the air. All you hear is the weird humm from the engines. Am I hearing my processor count zeros and ones?
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
SirDumpling
Admin
Ingame Name: Dragoon
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by SirDumpling »

Nice, pretendica
I recently ordered these.
Pricematched to 80 bucks, canadian, down from 80 euros lol (total was 104 CAD with shipping and whatnot)

Really jealous of yours though, lol. Look very comfy, and comes with a remote!
PRETENDICA
Manager

Post by PRETENDICA »

Tell me how those work. I've got a pretty good ear... But somehow I think a really good stereo headset would be just as good as these. Like Tx uses. A really good headset.

The mic lights up blu when it's muted. Neato!
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
J-Tins
Admin

Post by J-Tins »

I wanted to get those, but then I heard they amplify the bass when you play music like those Dr.Dre headphones. I have a huge problem with that. They're probably really good for gaming though.
"I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that...Yeah, I remember grindin my feet on Eddie's couch." -RJ
Stephen
Founder

Post by Stephen »

you can turn down the bass no problem

you coulda ordered them through http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php

do you have ethem hooked up to 5.1 sounnd card, and have in tf2 in audio set to 5.1?
PRETENDICA
Manager

Post by PRETENDICA »

I'm just using the motherboard sound. It has 7.1 digital. All the colors of the rainbow back there for sound.

Everytime I switch it to 5.1 audio in tf2, it doesn't stay. Was 7.1 an option before? Because I have that option too. Is there a way to force it to output 5.1?

On a side note, even though it's capable, should I buy a sound card for my MB? It just seems like a waste of money if the MB can already do it just fine.
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
hulkvsspawn
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG]hulkvsspawn
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:17449644

Post by hulkvsspawn »

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OYFPZ2
Shaun and I both had the same crappy fatality headphones. If those are supposed to be designed by him, he's a little man with small ears. I'm no Vulcan, but there's no chance in hell those fatality headphones were designed by anyone other than a dwarf.

I've worn Shaun's twice at lunch and they sound Great! But I gotta tell ya, I would choose my headphones for a 5 hour straight stretch of playing based on comfort.

To answer Pre's other question, having an external sound card has it's benefits. Mainly it'll lower his cpu load. But there's usually added benefits of having a wider frequency range as well.
"insert 2 capsules into vagina" <-- Mala
"centuries" <-- My dipshit brother
Stephen
Founder

Post by Stephen »

you might have to go to ur sound properties in you control panel and set windows to 5.1 for default, cause steam probably picks up its defaults from there.

and the headphones are only 5.1 so you wouldnt get the extra 2 channels working.

and onboard audio is fine but if you have the extra cash get an xfi sound card for awesome clarity
RMRM
Donor
Ingame Name: RM
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:10561153

Post by RMRM »

Should have gotten an audiophile grade headphone without that 5.1 sound stuff. Reasons are posted across the Internets but it's almost a guarantee that stereo headphones > 5.1 headsets in gaming, music and movies.
Sandvich and I are coming for you!
Stephen
Founder

Post by Stephen »

not it my books, ive had 3 different pairs of 5.1 headphones and i try to use hifi stereo, and its so much easier to pick out where sounds are coming from

espiically now that im on 7.1 now its a much more depth to locations of sound.
goat
Scout
Ingame Name: Goat
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by goat »

They're pretty sweet looking. I like all the padding and the extremely circular design of the ear pieces.

I used to have a pair of plantronics that worked really well. Now I have this one from Logitech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUq20Fk01Gk . It's extremely generic in my opinion but it works well.
I'm typing with my hooves