SSD Tips

Got Problems or Advice post here. Want to show off your PC bling?
PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Electronics.
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Re: SSD Tips

Post by madmattd »

But I never did a real flush, lol. The battery stayed in, etc. I was considering simply re-flashing the same BIOS last night because I did have some issues when I put that BIOS on, but I found the newer non-released one that I say did the trick. I was going to flush tonight if I still couldn't get it.

Don't you have like 4 SSD's striped? Lol at schizophrenia (copying that since I don't feel like trying to spell it :mrgreen: )
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
hulkvsspawn
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG]hulkvsspawn
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:17449644

Post by hulkvsspawn »

madmattd wrote:But I never did a real flush, lol. The battery stayed in, etc. I was considering simply re-flashing the same BIOS last night because I did have some issues when I put that BIOS on, but I found the newer non-released one that I say did the trick. I was going to flush tonight if I still couldn't get it.

Don't you have like 4 SSD's striped? Lol at schizophrenia (copying that since I don't feel like trying to spell it :mrgreen: )
a little trick I learned: if you type "define:***" in google, it's a dictionary. Yes 4 striped. I went through all the tweaks again and this is what I got the second time around(my read speeds went up, but I got no burst of 450 lol):
Attachments
Atto2.jpg
"insert 2 capsules into vagina" <-- Mala
"centuries" <-- My dipshit brother
madmattd
Admin

Post by madmattd »

Well that is less random for sure. At that point you might be running into motherboard transfer limits, I would think 4 striped together would be faster than that (I guess it depends on the drives involved too, but they are all well over 100 MB/s r/w). Sandforce controller ftw!
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
hulkvsspawn
Manager

Post by hulkvsspawn »

I read somewher that if I have all three amd components and enable dragon, I get more speed. I gotta do research.
Edit: Found it. I have to have my Fusion profile turned on and use the Advanced Profile. I'll test this and let you know what the updated results are.
hulkvsspawn
Manager

Post by hulkvsspawn »

Welp I don't see an advanced profile option as a choice in Fusion, here's my results with max performance enabled. These look more normal.
Attachments
Atto3.jpg
madmattd
Admin

Post by madmattd »

Very nice.
hulkvsspawn
Manager

Post by hulkvsspawn »

I'm running windows7 x64 with SP1. I also used the correct south bridge drivers. Somehow I had 700 series not 800. Not sure how that happened. Also, I had two drives that were still on 1.5 firmware. Updated to 1.6.
Attachments
ATTO.jpg
madmattd
Admin

Post by madmattd »

That's quite a change from a simple firmware update. Nice speeds for sure! Something's up with Vertex 2 firmware detection because OCZ's own utility won't run on Win 7 x64 apparently, and the temp sensor always reports 1 temps...but I'm not messing with it, it works nice and quick.
hulkvsspawn
Manager

Post by hulkvsspawn »

My guess is that it has to do with ocz growing too fast and not having a software team to develop little programs that would have deteced this.