Why did you buy Starcraft 2?

Zerg rush bish.
Web Master
Sniper
Ingame Name: Webfinders
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Why did you buy Starcraft 2?

Post by Web Master »

Did you buy the game to become pro just like the Koreans were with the first?
Did you buy it to keep up with the story line?
Did you buy it because of it being an upgraded version of Starcraft?

Do explain...
SirDumpling
Admin
Ingame Name: Dragoon

Re: Why did you buy Starcraft 2?

Post by SirDumpling »

because i was waiting for a good RTS game after WC3. It is good, it's a lot easier, but I'm having more fun with FPS games now. I'll probably play it again when good custom games start to come out.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy
Ingame Name: Light Of Darkness

Post by Light Of Darkness »

Because it's the only RTS that I understand.
Tachyon
Ingame Name: Tachyon³
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:26091342

Post by Tachyon »

I bought it because of all the hype. Then I couldn't play it due to a crep computer..
I haven't played it at all lol.
Don't really plan to. not as good at RTS' as I thought I was.

Too strong of an opinion can interfere with the process of collection.
Kitten
Admin
Ingame Name: Fluffy Harmless Kitten
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:1508078

Post by Kitten »

I have always loved starcraft. i have played since the original first came out, i played the whole time between broodwar and sc2. you would think i'd be better. i even have old magazines where sc was first being shown. Marines used to be called marauders, science vessels had legs, siege tanks could shoot air units, dropships were bigger than carriers, terrans could boobytrap their buildings, toss units would slowly become disfunctional and die if they left the pylon power grid, zerg units became different things equal to the amount of time you left them in the eggs. man the game could have been sooooooo different. but they figured all that out and made the greatest and most balanced rts i have ever played.
that's why i bought sc2.
"babies come out of the titities"~<3 Lemoxe
"all talk is not for twitter updates"~Stephen
Light Of Darkness
Heavy
Ingame Name: Light Of Darkness

Post by Light Of Darkness »

Kitten wrote:I have always loved starcraft. i have played since the original first came out, i played the whole time between broodwar and sc2. you would think i'd be better. i even have old magazines where sc was first being shown. Marines used to be called marauders, science vessels had legs, siege tanks could shoot air units, dropships were bigger than carriers, terrans could boobytrap their buildings, toss units would slowly become disfunctional and die if they left the pylon power grid, zerg units became different things equal to the amount of time you left them in the eggs. man the game could have been sooooooo different. but they figured all that out and made the greatest and most balanced rts i have ever played.
that's why i bought sc2.
That could've been shortened y'know. To 1 or 2 words.
Nostalgia. Goggles.
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

I liked SC1 though I failed miserably at it (never did finish the last few missions on either set, I should go back and finish them but then I'd want charge for Zealots and so on). I was going to wait on SC2 then I gave up and bought it like 2 days after it came out. I loved the campaign and am slowly working on the hard/insane run-through. I also have had some good times when I was playing multiplayer routinely, though I'm not very good. And now I haven't played much of late and forget about playing people. Still, it is fun.

2 Word summary for Light: GOOD TIMES.
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
Web Master
Sniper
Ingame Name: Webfinders

Post by Web Master »

Hm, me myself I wanted a new set of scenery and the story always drawed me in to buying the game. It was still a good buy after all though.