UPS lost my video card!

Got Problems or Advice post here. Want to show off your PC bling?
PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Electronics.
ROFL WAFFLE
Admin
Ingame Name: ROFL WAFFLE
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11162575

Re: UPS lost my video card!

Post by ROFL WAFFLE »

Newman wrote:
ROFL WAFFLE wrote:UPS loses 1-20,000,000 packages per day. That is one package per state on average
I didn't know there were 20 million states...

Purelator has always been good for me.

I think UPS fails at updating their tracking as they go, it usually says it hasn't left the warehouse by the time its actually here.

Now DHL on the other hand, you can go fuck yourself. Only because you make me play like $25 for a brokerage fee...granted the package had a sweet Leatherman in it...but still FUCK YOU!
UPS has the most sophisticated tracking system out of any shipping company. We even know where on the transfer truck your package is before we even unload it.
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Post by Newman »

ROFL WAFFLE wrote:UPS has the most sophisticated tracking system out of any shipping company. We even know where on the transfer truck your package is before we even unload it.
Then I think your web team fails at syncronizing data to update your customers.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
ROFL WAFFLE
Admin
Ingame Name: ROFL WAFFLE
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11162575

Post by ROFL WAFFLE »

Newman wrote:
ROFL WAFFLE wrote:UPS has the most sophisticated tracking system out of any shipping company. We even know where on the transfer truck your package is before we even unload it.
Then I think your web team fails at syncronizing data to update your customers.
Every time I receive a tracking number it always works for me. It posts every time its scanned.
hulkvsspawn
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG]hulkvsspawn
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:17449644

Post by hulkvsspawn »

So last night I text my wife and ask if anything arrived. Nope she says. I'm in the house several hours before I realize there's a package on the dinning room table. "What the fuck is this?" I ask her. She says,"I never seen that before in my life." So somehow, someway, the package majically showed up in the house, on the table without explination. It had been opened and repackaged poorly. I'm really hoping newegg sends me another card.

I'll take waffle's advice and send all my asian labor via ups. No way in hell one of those little fuckers weighs 150 lbs. I'll have my sweat shop setup in no time!
"insert 2 capsules into vagina" <-- Mala
"centuries" <-- My dipshit brother
hulkvsspawn
Manager

Post by hulkvsspawn »

It took them an extra day but newegg agreed to send me another video card. I'll be running in crossfire in a week!
TheKeef
Admin
Ingame Name: Lawyers Guns & Money

Post by TheKeef »

ROFL WAFFLE wrote:
Newman wrote:
ROFL WAFFLE wrote:UPS loses 1-
UPS has the most sophisticated tracking system out of any shipping company. We even know where on the transfer truck your package is before we even unload it.
Being a trucker, you don't need all that shit, you just need to know what you are hauling.

For instance I usually deal in Parts (automobile, everything from plugs to engines and sheet metal) and we simply arrange by dealer, town, and original sender.

Oh and we lose alot less shit than UPS :P apparently.
ImageImage

Stage IV T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma Survivor, Cancer Killing Ninja Motherfucker.
hulkvsspawn
Manager

Post by hulkvsspawn »

Installed the video cards. I have to say, I'm not sure if this puppy is working ocrrectly. I see two video cards in my device manager list instead of 4. However in the ATI CCC I see video cards and when I goto overdrive, I have a choice of overclocking the two cards independantly. However, the game experience in TF2 is way worse. Even my wife who doesn't play games asked, "What's wrong with the picture?" I getting some really bad tearing when I move. I'm going to start from scratch tonight. Uninstall everything and reinstall.
TheKeef
Admin

Post by TheKeef »

hulkvsspawn wrote:Installed the video cards. I have to say, I'm not sure if this puppy is working ocrrectly. I see two video cards in my device manager list instead of 4. However in the ATI CCC I see video cards and when I goto overdrive, I have a choice of overclocking the two cards independantly. However, the game experience in TF2 is way worse. Even my wife who doesn't play games asked, "What's wrong with the picture?" I getting some really bad tearing when I move. I'm going to start from scratch tonight. Uninstall everything and reinstall.
Hrmph, tearing is usually a V-Sync issue. Just enable V-Sync in options, and crank up your refresh rate to keep frames high.
ImageImage

Stage IV T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma Survivor, Cancer Killing Ninja Motherfucker.
hulkvsspawn
Manager

Post by hulkvsspawn »

I'm going to try that. That's the second time I've heard that advice. I swear a messed with the settings and turned that on, but I'll have another look. I'll have some free time this weekend, maybe starting tonight.
TheKeef
Admin

Post by TheKeef »

Yeah bud, although I use Nvidia now, I had an Ati back in the day when they had clearly passed Nvidia in performance terms. I think it was a 9800 pro.

When I first got it I was stoked. Installed it, changed over to the ati drivers and got setup for some CS 1.6... and wow. My screen looked so ripped, at about 7 different levels there were clear tears in the vertical. Big fps, ugly picture.

So I toggled the V-sync and some refresh rates and blamo. But I wasnt running Xfire or anything so...
ImageImage

hulkvsspawn
Manager

Post by hulkvsspawn »

How do adjust the refresh rate in TF2?
TheKeef
Admin

Post by TheKeef »

hulkvsspawn wrote:How do adjust the refresh rate in TF2?
Well actually you just do it in general for your monitor.

Right click --> properties --> settings --> advanced --> monitor for my setup on XP.

And your CCC may have control options and overrides for it also.
ImageImage

hulkvsspawn
Manager

Post by hulkvsspawn »

Yeah I looked it up after I asked the question. :D If this ends up being a limitation of my lcd monitor, that'll be a head scratcher. I found this too:
Boot up steam, go to your games, right click TF2 > Properties > Set Launch Options

No video - add the following line: -novid

Now, another cool little tweak you can use it -heapsize basically it uses the amount of ram you tell it too use. When using this tewak, it's recommended to use half your ram rather then all.
The easiest way to get a rough estimate on how much ram you have.. would be going into the start menu, right clicking "My Computer" and going to Properties.
If you can't find it there, then I suggest downloading cpuZ and run that. Once it's done, click the "Memory" tab. It's also a nice way to find out what else you have in your system. Another way, is opening your run tool and typing in dxdiag.exe

Once you've found out how much ram you have in your system, multiply that number by 1024 and then divide that by 2.

So, if you have 1024mb of ram, you're heapsize should be: 524288.
I have 3072mb of ram. my heapsize is: 1572864, in the image it's less because I used 2048mb.

Fyi, heapsize is also addable in the AutoExec.cfg.
mem_max_heapsize 512 For a half a gig.
- Warning! Chief_runningwater was having problems with this. You may as well.
Now, directX levels. These can be put into either your about config, or directly into the area we just added our heapsize.

There are a few different settings here.

-dxlevel 96-99 = Directx 9.0 (Maxed Quality)
-dxlevel 95 = Directx 9.0 (Higher Quality)
-dxlevel 90 = Directx 9.0
-dxlevel 81 = Directx 8.1 (Medium Quality)
-dxlevel 80 = Directx 8.0 (S'medium Quality)
-dxlevel 70 = Directx 7.0 (Lower Quality)

Here are some random tricks for the advanced menu.

By adding -noborder you remove the borders from the window if you're playing in windowed mode.
If you have a Nvidia Graphics card, by putting in -gl is forces Open GL mode. For ATI card, put -d3d

If you know your monitors refresh rate, you can set your games maximum refresh rate to match your monitor by adding a simple command line -refresh # My monitors refresh rate would be 60. So, I input -refresh 60

By adding -console to the command line, you can help increase your start-up time. Rather then the background being the main focus of loading, your console is. Which, is no doubt simpler.
-novid also helps speed up your load time.

-32bit enables 32bit mode. This is mainly for 64bit users.
Posted By: M_oo_P
Vista Ultimate 64 bit (3.40 Duel core 4 gs ram 8800) with the -32bit start code on Css, Video stress tested, improved about 20 FPS very good.
-width [resolution width] this sets a custom resolution width. -height [resolution width] this sets your resolution height. So, for example.. my desktop resolution is 1680x1050. So, I input -width 1680 -height 1050, this sets a custom resolution.

-windowed enables window mode. Works well with -noboder and -width/-height explained above.

"My" autoexec.cfg has these settings within it's mighty lines.

cl_forcepreload 1 //Forces Textures to load before hand.
cl_updaterate 67 //Keeps your rates up to date!
cl_cmdrate 67 //Helps keep rates steady.
mat_picmip -10 // Explained Above
mat_dxlevel 98 //Enables dx10 support or at least improved quality and sometimes frame rate..
mat_specular 1 //Enables specular lighting
Mullet
Donor

Post by Mullet »

I'm curious, why the 4770 and not the 4870 for a extra $30.00?
Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Post by Stephen »

4770 is based on 40 nm tech little bit power saving i guess lol

anyways vsync is bad lol it limits your fps to your refresh rate of your monitor, and im sure your using a lcd screen which will range from 60-75 hz unless you bought a 120hz monitor lol

your ripping is probably due to your Anti Aliasing or your anisotropic filtering,

1st turn off Catalyst A.I. most games will have programs with it.

2nd disable Use application settings under both AA and AF

3rd set your AA to about 8x with Box Filtering

4th set AF to about 8-16x

5th put your Mipmap to full quality or the notch before

Also another issuse you might have not properly removing your previous drivers before installing your new card which will cause problems.