Blue Screen Errors

Got Problems or Advice post here. Want to show off your PC bling?
PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Electronics.
Tahko
Admin
Ingame Name: ᴅɢz! Hartmann
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:20888205

Blue Screen Errors

Post by Tahko »

So, I wanted to go on my second Steam account to play some TF2 and transfer items to my main account. However, when I try to launch TF2 via Steam Library it begins to verify files, before it can finish a blue screen error pops up. I don't remember what it said... something about a Non Existent Page I think. This account has worked in the past, so I don't know what happened.

I run TF2 off an internal hard drive although my OS is on a separate internal hard drive. Could this be an issue? (i.e. C:\Windows... D:\Steam\Steamapps...)
Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Re: Blue Screen Errors

Post by Stephen »

blue screen of death?
VAUXHALL
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] VAUXHALL
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:24463603

Post by VAUXHALL »

Was it the actual "you're screwed" BSOD or just a blue text filled error screen that usually results in a restart?
"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
"A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him."
--Winston Churchill

Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

Yeah, the Blue Screen Error. No death involved lol
It doesn't restart... I have to manually... physically do it. Tragic, I know.

It also happened yesterday afternoon I fell asleep watching the Matrix Reloaded (lol) and when I awoke... there it was. All blue and texty. Just taunting me.

Now that I remember.. my computer did update two days ago and iirc, every time my os updates this kind of bullshit happens.
Killer
Admin
Ingame Name: Killer
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:13902581

Post by Killer »

Tahko wrote:and when I awoke... there it was. All blue and texty. Just taunting me.
so vivid, you could be a writer

fixed
Tahko wrote:"Alas i awoke to find it there resting as its presence taunted me, it knew that I would not stand for this injustice..."
p.s I like mine better
Killer.
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

HAHAHA. You forgot to describe it's distasteful appearance!
VAUXHALL
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] VAUXHALL
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:24463603

Post by VAUXHALL »

Killer wrote:"Alas i awoke to find it there resting as its presence taunted me, it knew that I would not stand for this injustice..."
So the blue screen was resting? Misplaced modifier?

Try this:
"Alas, I awoke from my rest to find it there; its presence taunted me, and I knew that I could not stand for this injustice."
I think that's a little better.
"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
"A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him."
--Winston Churchill

madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

This thread is now about bad poetry. Fail.

O/T: So the blue screen is locking up basically? The times I have gotten those, the blue screen shows for a few seconds as it dumps memory to disk and then restarts. Your case is...odd. But it could be updates, yes. Last time formatted? Bad overclock perhaps (as in 99% stable, but not when Windows updates)?
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

I don't OC and even when I did I never got blue screen errors. It hasn't happened today, so I don't think it'll be a problem.

But, would anyone care to help and tell me why my TF2 crashes regularly. I already asked Stephen, he told me to clean my drivers and download the newest drivers for my card and that didn't help. We already have a topic about this but it was never resolved. (Sandvich started the topic and I had a similar problem to his)

Basically, the game freezes then the screen goes all white, the monitor goes to sleep and then the game continues after about a minute. BUT NOW, the game freezes repeating the last sound, the screen goes all white and then after 30 seconds or so hl2.exe crashes.

Like I said, none of my hardware is OC. I have a fan - not a gpu fan.. but an actual fan beside my tower so I don't think it's overheating.

My video card is an evga GeForce GTS 250 (HDMI) "Fan and fins" as Stephen would call it lol
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

I have the awesome driver crash in TF2, but that sounds slightly different from your problem. It hangs for 15 seconds or so, looping the last second of sound (often Pre swearing or something, lol), goes to desktop, tells me the driver crashed and successfully recovered, and eventually all is good. Only in TF2, and at random intervals, it might do it 30 seconds into playing, or 2 hours.

Your problem, I've seen the TF2 crash once in a while, maybe once a month, not sure what the deal is. Sorry.
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
SirDumpling
Admin
Ingame Name: Dragoon
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by SirDumpling »

My computer used to do this. However, as soon as I just opened the side of my case for more airflow, the crashing ceased (implying I overheating).

Have you tried fucking around with your settings and/or multi-core rendering and whatnot?
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

I never touched them before...but I just changed them a bit to lower settings (or what I think would be lower lol) I play TF2 with all low settings as well.