Need some QUICK help

Got Problems or Advice post here. Want to show off your PC bling?
PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Electronics.
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Need some QUICK help

Post by Magus »

Windows 7 keeps logging me on the the "Default Profile" which is a temp. How do I fix this. Help fast plz
Magus
Manager

Re: Need some QUICK help

Post by Magus »

Only one.
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

Okay, so I created another Admin profile, logged into that, and then copied all the old :c/user/Matt info to a /user/Mattnew folder. Then I logged in w/ the new "Mattnew" Profile and changed the profile name to "Matt" and deleted the old "Matt" profile. In "c", the user registry still says "Mattnew", but everything else is matt. Also, my new "Matt" profile has the correct documents, just like my old one did.

But there is ONE problem still:

When I go into my computer, on the left hand side there is a list of directories. Often there is a "My Documents (2)" but it brgs me to the SAME location as My Documents does. So it's like a duplicate, but I can't find it.

Also, when I want to send something from the start menu somewhere, when I click "send to", all those locations have a (2) as well, but they also go to the same location.

I think there might be an issue of a copy somewhere, but I can't fucking find it. Anyone help? Would I be better off tomorrow just transfering all my user data to a External, reinstalling the OS, and then copying the data back over?
Molimo
Admin
Ingame Name: [eK²] Molimo
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8582793

Post by Molimo »

I don't know if this helps

but Try this instead.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... er-profile

Might work better for you.

Let us know thanks
VAUXHALL
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] VAUXHALL
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:24463603

Post by VAUXHALL »

Maybe you could try turning on sharing on all the folders giving you trouble, or turning off sharing if its already on. Or maybe you could delete the original problem profile. I have pretty much the same profile setup as you and have no problem.
"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
"A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him."
--Winston Churchill

Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

So I enabled Hidden folders, but I guess I just don't know where to LOOK for them.

I really don't wanna do a full re-format just for a user profile b/c honestly, it'll take more time/effort to reinstall all my shit then it's worth.
J-Tins
Admin

Post by J-Tins »

Try this;

I can't stress this enough, start with a strong arugula. Make sure the pan is very hot. If the pan isn't hot enough, your steak, it's...it's gonna be chewy
"I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that...Yeah, I remember grindin my feet on Eddie's couch." -RJ
Tahko
Admin
Ingame Name: ᴅɢz! Hartmann
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:20888205

Post by Tahko »

On the left side is just short cuts. If you go to "C:\Users\Mattnew\Links" you can edit the top of the list on the left or just change the folder name.

Could you attach a screenshot?
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

This is a screenie showing two things:

A. My favorites are empty.
and B. The duplicate links:

They both send them to the same place.
Molimo
Admin
Ingame Name: [eK²] Molimo
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8582793

Post by Molimo »

C:\Users\(user-name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

here's the location to your Send To Folder, just remove the duplicates inside it. You will need to show hidden files if you haven't already

And for your Favorite Links in My computer, Here is the location to the folder

C:\Users\(user-name)\Links

You can insert icons in it. Or you can also open My Computer, Go to the desired Location, Right Click Favorites (Top Left) and click, Add current location.

Hope this helps