Badwater Revival?

Post your favorite TF moments, problems, maps, and anything else.

Should we bring back badwater?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 26
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Re: Badwater Revival?

Post by Magus »

It's been a long time.
Armisael
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Armisael
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:22616673

Post by Armisael »

I'm certainly interested, and I'd be happy to throw a little money into the pot.

One big question if we decided to do this would be whether to enter the server in quickplay or not. It'll throw a lot of traffic towards the server, which would certainly help populate it. It's not like we aren't already on lotus servers.
Marcus
Donor
Ingame Name: [ATG] Marcus
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11563238

Post by Marcus »

I'm in for a Badwater Revival. If we get a 24 man server, I'm pretty sure I can put some money towards the server every few months
ByronTheBulb
Donor
Ingame Name: ByronTheBulb
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by ByronTheBulb »

If it's agreed, I'll donate 20 bucks as soon as the tax return comes
Arthus
Scout
Ingame Name: [BAKED]Apple Pie
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11965690

Post by Arthus »

I will commit $5 a month for a 24 man even with crits if it meant I could play, aka suck, with/against the old ATG crowd.
ByronTheBulb
Donor
Ingame Name: ByronTheBulb

Post by ByronTheBulb »

no rotation though. strictly BW
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Post by Newman »

We should be able to get you or whoever hooked up with access to the steam grp.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
BoyButtSlapa
Manager

Post by BoyButtSlapa »

vanilla badwater before tf2 went stupid then it would be fun to play lol thats just my opinion
Bill Whitecrow AKA [KFed] BoyButTSlaPa / FatBrown
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

Rly have to decide where we wanna take the cuts tho. Like, having the quick join option is great but we sacrifice customization (i.e. no crits) that made skilled ATG what it used to be, and we trade it for popularity. I'll def be donating, and I'll make a huge effort to play more during my free time. Also, yeah if we're going w/ plugins: Alltalk, stats, server whitelists for items (competitive servers use this), and w/e else idk. I can't wait tho. I miss all you guys. And if you want this idea to be popular, you should send this thread to all your old ATG steam friends.
Murbuto
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG]MÚŔßÚŤŐ
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:19720257

Post by Murbuto »

I think doing whatever possible to be added to TF2's quick join system would help as well. It would mostly attract noobs, but any joiner is a good one.
My code works 60% of the time, every time.
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

I'd help support from time to time like I did that last year we had BW (I was one of the few donors for quite a while there). But only if it continues getting used, ultimately why I stopped donating was that the server NEVER had anyone on it anymore, so there was no point. Using the group announcement is a decent idea, give a few more people admin to it to post announcements, sure.

And I suppose I should start up TF2 again, lol. Haven't launched the game since Dec. 5! Longest time by a lot since I got the game 4+ years ago! I got sick of all the glitches and broken crap from them adding new weapons every 2 days. Seems like that has slowed down finally?

Only thing I want to add is I am quite busy with other things these days. I'm often not around on the weekends. I'll play from time to time when I can. But don't spam me with "Hey f____er, we're playing _____ NOW!" because even if I want and can play at that time, I WILL NOT, GUARANTEED with that attitude. I'm not saying to not PM me to see if I can/want to play, but don't be an idiot about it. (This is directed at several of you, not just one hence I'm putting it here). Oh yea, and PMing me at 10:30PM EST to come start a game isn't going to get you anywhere...
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Post by Newman »

HL Stats, no, HL Stats X I think did.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
Molimo
Admin
Ingame Name: [eK²] Molimo
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8582793

Post by Molimo »

Matt clearly summed up all of my ideas/concerns. I stopped donating because I stopped playing on the servers. And I have my own Voice server so I do not use ATG's Mumble.

I think the main reason it tanked is because it was always empty. No one wants to launch the game and hope that 4-5+ people join. I know my life does not give me as much gaming time as it used to a few years ago when BW was popular.

I get up at 6am, get home at 6pm and then I have shit to do. Which leaves me with a small gaming window. Keep in mind I'm in NB Canada, which means I'm 1+ hours from EST. How many times did I want to join Pre or Matt with their 1000+ Points run, but The time zones would fuck me over.Being in this time zone makes it harder for me to join your games. I try too, but like Matt, After 10:30 EST, I don't plan on starting a TF2 Game. (On the Week)
So whenever I wanted to play TF2, I would join a random full or close to full server.

With that said, I haven't played TF2 in many months and the main reason is because ATG broke it for me lol. I tried so many times to play on random pub servers but it's just not the same. It's so fucking boring and the people are so fucking retarded. So I stopped playing.

If the server does pick up and people are on when I can play, I will most definitely play, And If I play I will donate for sure.

TL;DR
1) My Timezone Fucks me Over
2) I will donate if I play
3) Pub Server People/Kids are idiots
Tips:
4) Quick Join to help populate the server
5) Plan Game Times in advance
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

I'm honestly extremely apprehensive about quick-join.
Serrabella
Scout
Ingame Name: Serrabella

Post by Serrabella »

Speaking of cash, how much does having Pinion generate? Ads are slightly annoying but it might help with the cash flow initially. Quite a few other badwater servers have it so we won't lost players because of it.

To jazz things up, we could rotate between badwater and pl_retawdab. It's like badwater but inversed! e.g. Ridge on the right from blu's perspective. I was completely mindfucked when I played on a server that had it.