Badwater Revival?

Post your favorite TF moments, problems, maps, and anything else.

Should we bring back badwater?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 26
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Re: Badwater Revival?

Post by Magus »

Hey bella. Really good to see you!

I think the only issue w/ creating rotation (even if it's just reversed badwater), is that once the server has map restarts, it tends to empty out. Keeping a 24/7 server with no map change just makes it stay full for longer.
CornSpenser
Scout
Ingame Name: [ATG] Corn
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:6013623

Post by CornSpenser »

Although I've been pretty much exclusively playing Dota 2 and Path of Exile right now, having the server back up would probably get me back into TF2. Would be nice to see everyone playing again.

TheKeef
Admin
Ingame Name: Lawyers Guns & Money

Post by TheKeef »

I would be glad to see BW get rolling.

And like I was trying to say in general to Sammich, we all like being teammates, but we have to cast that aside and kill the shit out of each other to make this work.

Last time the server was quick to die after 2 or 3 victories in a row by one side, let alone 4 or 5. Not like the wait 30 for a spot, didnt matter who wins days of old.

And I don't mind quick play, if someone is too bothersome for whatever legitimate reason, they can simply be asked or made to move along. Traffic would be worth it, methinks.
ImageImage

Stage IV T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma Survivor, Cancer Killing Ninja Motherfucker.
Desseler
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Desseler
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:23045696

Post by Desseler »

I've been trying a lot to get back into Team Fortress 2 again over the past year. What has stopped me was that I can't find any community that had active and friendly members. I want to do more than just game online, I have wanted to get involved and make close friends with people.

Like I said, I would love to see us all back together again. I would be back in and playing on a regular basis. And you can expect some donations from me.
WELL DON'T THAT BEAT ALL.
Skroober
Scout
Ingame Name: Skroober
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11859970

Post by Skroober »

Hi all,

I would definetly play on a BW server again if you guys made on, haven't found a good 24/7 Badwater since. However I don't play quite as often anymore.
Marcus
Donor
Ingame Name: [ATG] Marcus
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11563238

Post by Marcus »

HLStatsX Community Edition (CE) is free, they recently changed their website to a repo...

I agree with a few points discussed previously, I would love to have the ATG server up and running again, the only thing is that I have less time to play now, just like Matt said, if I get an invite at 10:30 EST I'm probably just going to go to sleep on a weekday. I did suggest to Sanvich to have dedicated game nights like Friday or Saturday at 7-8 central so we could at least populate the server for a few hours every week.
PRETENDICA
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] PRETENDICA
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:17130959

Post by PRETENDICA »

It's really good to "see" a lot of you guys again. 8-)

Here's my take. 1st of all I would love to have our server back. I still play tf2, a lot, and still sport my [ATG]. I get asked asked by someone on my friends list at least once a month, "What happened to the ATG BW server?" Even last month, the damn thing hasn't been up for over a year (scratches head)? But my point is, that we had a great thing going and people still remember it that way. It could be brought back, I have the friends list to prove it, lol.

I still play 24/7 Badwater, mostly. Molimo and Keef are saying similar things. When this community started, it was because of another(it's name escapes me) 24/7 BW server, and that one was run like shit, trust me. So the founders started their own. Blah blah blah, they created a monster. Now anytime a few ATG players join a BW server and stack a side, it's over. We're too good. As a community, we need to accept this.

Balance. Keef is right. No one wants to get rolled. There has to be balance.

Last but not least, I think a big part of what made our server unique was the no crits. But(tslappa) that was before the auto join. The auto join is everything to new people. I think the auto join can be what keeps us relevant. If that means that we have to put up with some random bullshit every once in awhile, then it's worth it. There are people out there that don't search by the servers tab, OMG!

Having said that, that to me will be the biggest decision. If we keep random crits, then we get to be on auto join. Which will make it easier on all of us populating it, but it will be populated with noobs. Or, we leave off the random crits. Then it will solely be up to us and our frineds list to keep the server populated, but it will be populated byHigh to Mid level MGE Pros. But you see what I mean, sarcasm aside.
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
PRETENDICA
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] PRETENDICA
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:17130959

Post by PRETENDICA »

Are we sure we can't be on "Join A Game" without random crits? This Guy says in point 3 that modded servers are on the autojoin list...
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
Bill O'Rly
Spy
Ingame Name: FOXNEWS | Bill O'Rly?

Post by Bill O'Rly »

PRETENDICA wrote:Balance. There has to be balance.
^^^^This man has it right. The server needs to be Fair and Balanced.
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

It really has been good to see all you fuckers again lately. I honestly forgot how much comradery we had when we played. We really were a fucking family.

Pre, as to the group pre-ATG that was XFG. That was good too, but ATG became something better. And in honor of this gathering, starting when our server launches I will be re-tagging as ATG!

It's really up to you guys on quick-join. It IS a great way to stay relevant, but the only detriment to me is crits. IMO, ATG was known for what it was known for because of skill. Because we were the best at what we did. We really were. With random crits, that may change. Maybe we have to get used to it, maybe not.
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

Also, pl0x use these forums more again? If we do, getting new people interested in the forums may be easier. Once we start getting a population back, we can get events going again from the community team etc. Also, make sure we get a SOLID server. We don't want a jumpy, laggy piece of shit. I know we probably can't afford a NFO server or something like that, but make sure we're getting the quality we're paying for.
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

I haven't played on a Gameserver's server for about 9 months so I have no idea. Anyways, yeah. Get stats on that bitch (gotta use ftp to get the sourcemod and shit etc), but once you have that done you're set.
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

Also alltalk
Skroober
Scout
Ingame Name: Skroober
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11859970

Post by Skroober »

I liked how it was last time, the special all talk button..

Also, where would the server be? Chicago?
TheKeef
Admin
Ingame Name: Lawyers Guns & Money

Post by TheKeef »

Bill O'Rly wrote:
PRETENDICA wrote:Balance. There has to be balance.
^^^^This man has it right. The server needs to be Fair and Balanced.
Im'a balance my balls on ur chin, yeah, I am...
ImageImage

Stage IV T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma Survivor, Cancer Killing Ninja Motherfucker.