Votecrits

Post your favorite TF moments, problems, maps, and anything else.

Should crits be on or off?

On
24%
Off
76%

Total votes: 21
Mala
Manager
Ingame Name: Mala
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:25263832

Re: Votecrits

Post by Mala »

As a medic, I really like random crits to be off. Its so hard to time uber when you have no idea when a random piece of crit spam is going to hit you. You can easily drop to a crit scattergun shot or a crit nade that comes outta no where. When crits are off at least you know you can take at least one hit of pretty much anything before you die.
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Post by Newman »

Usually it gets voted off, so why don't I make a poll here and it'll determine if they are on or off on our main servers.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
J-Tins
Admin

Post by J-Tins »

Crits are part of the game just as much as no-crits are part of the game, it's just a config setting, not a mod to the game itself. Many things are downright illogical in the default tf2 setting such as random damage spread, weapon spread and crits.
"I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that...Yeah, I remember grindin my feet on Eddie's couch." -RJ
TheKeef
Admin
Ingame Name: Lawyers Guns & Money

Post by TheKeef »

I say leave them on, I like the idea of luck being a part of things. As the saying goes, it's better to be lucky than good.

I get my share of kills and deaths from them.
ImageImage

Stage IV T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma Survivor, Cancer Killing Ninja Motherfucker.
SALT
Scout
Ingame Name: SALT
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by SALT »

I'm still more lucky than good plenty often, without getting a random crit. Or the reverse, such as when I got sniped 3x in stealth yesterday by lucky snipers.
J-Tins
Admin

Post by J-Tins »

it really depends on what class you play most when determining if random crits are good or bad, or just how you play in general. I play alot of soldier and don't get many kills with random crits because half of the rockets i shoot are for a rocket jump or to build uber so alot of those are crits for no reason at all.

Whereas someone who plays heavy alot will get at least 1 kills from a crit stream because they're only shooting when someone's there.
"I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that...Yeah, I remember grindin my feet on Eddie's couch." -RJ
wisoka
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] wisoka
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:5187256

Post by wisoka »

I haven't played in awhile so I don't know how much my opinion matters but....

If crits are off - the people who wanted them off are happy and the people who didn't want them off are indifferent.
If crits are on - people who wanted them off are angry and people who wanted them on are indifferent.

The majority of people who vote for random crits do it just because it gives them a kill every now and then. And there's nothing wrong with that but it's not like they are going to quit playing on the server because they get a few less accidental kills. I'd bet that they don't even notice they are off half the time.

I say we keep them off because it's really doing no harm to the server and I think it will make a lot more people happy.
"I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." - Bob Dylan
"Like a woman seduces a horny man, Hitler captivated the people of Germany." -clearly a genius.
Tahko
Admin
Ingame Name: ᴅɢz! Hartmann
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:20888205

Post by Tahko »

Yeah, I say we turn them off as well. I hate dying to crits. :(
Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Post by Stephen »

i say we turn them off, remove dead ringer, and limit the sticky launcher to 6 nades lol
SALT
Scout
Ingame Name: SALT
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by SALT »

Just figured I'd throw this in being that my TF2 just froze. Having one of those nights where all I do is die of ridiculous random crits. Lost 3 heavy duels in a row where I had the advantage cause they critted.

Anyways, point is, I've never had a night that wasn't fun because I didn't crit enough...
Armisael
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Armisael
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:22616673

Post by Armisael »

So, uh...

What's happening with this?
Desseler
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Desseler
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:23045696

Post by Desseler »

Stephen wrote:remove dead ringer
Magus be lovin'
Stephen wrote:and limit the sticky launcher to 6 nades lol
Magus be hatin'
WELL DON'T THAT BEAT ALL.
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Post by Newman »

Armisael wrote:So, uh...

What's happening with this?
I need to remember to add the required commands to the server configs but I keep forgetting.

Edit: Ok they will be disabled on CTF and Badwater either next map or tomorrow after the 4am restart.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
Desseler
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Desseler
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:23045696

Post by Desseler »

Yay!
WELL DON'T THAT BEAT ALL.
xxplicitt
Demoman
Ingame Name: xxplicitt
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:15962518

Post by xxplicitt »

Nice. Forced kritz will still remain right?