I'm bummed...

Got Problems or Advice post here. Want to show off your PC bling?
PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Electronics.
PRETENDICA
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] PRETENDICA
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:17130959

I'm bummed...

Post by PRETENDICA »

UPS lost my monitor. It was suppose to come on wed and it never showed up. I've had to put a claim in with them. Suck cause it was rated an A+ monitor, and I don't know if the next batch will be. Fuckin UPS
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Re: I'm bummed...

Post by Stephen »

Must have been stolen, usually they dont pack monitors in another box. So they know what they getting
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

UPS just randomly loses crap sometimes too. I've had it happen a few times. And don't bother calling UPS to sort it out, they will only tell you what the tracking screen says, which you already have the info to. (FWIW, FedEx is no better, and in fact is worse in a number of other things).

But you want truly crappy shipping service, use LaserShip. Those guys should be put out of business...I've got 2-3 stories about their fail-ness from my 3 experiences with them...

UPS usually comes through ok though.

Sandvich and everyone else, if you have time someday, you should really read the fine print on UPS and FedEx shipping and see what their packaging requirements are. They expect your package to be able to take an 8' drop. And that isn't because of their drivers, but because of how the sorting facilities work. Conveyor belts spitting packages onto the ground 4'+ below. Oh yea, and come holiday shipping season, the front-end loaders to move packages around. That's what the Post Office does (I've got a friend who works in the sorting area of one...the stories he's got!). Want a guaranteed way to get a box to point B damaged? Put a "fragile" sticker on it. I dare ya :lol:

None of this helps Pre. Sorry Pre. Hope you get your monitor. That stinks.
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
PRETENDICA
Manager

Post by PRETENDICA »

Officially bummed. I went to my Lincoln UPS hub and they confirmed, it's lost. I hope whatever jackass took doesn't have a dvi-d dual link cable, so they don't get the full effect of that bad mother. That'll show them.

I'll get a full refund. But I don't want that...
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Post by Magus »

That's sad :(((
TheKeef
Admin
Ingame Name: Lawyers Guns & Money

Post by TheKeef »

Magus wrote:That's sad :(((
Your face is sad. No, I've seen it, it is.
ImageImage

Stage IV T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma Survivor, Cancer Killing Ninja Motherfucker.
PRETENDICA
Manager

Post by PRETENDICA »

I know you all can't stop thinking about my monitor. What happened to it? Who stole it? Did UPS sell it on the black market to Ethiopians? Why would do they sell to Ethiopians and not Djiboutians? Why can't Djiboutians have nice things too?

Don't worry, no one in Africa is getting my monitor. UPS fucked up the label, and they have to send it back to the company to check if it's damaged. Then they'll send it to me. Hooray! Good news.
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

PRETENDICA wrote:UPS fucked up the label, and they have to send it back to the company to check if it's damaged. Then they'll send it to me. Hooray! Good news.
Well, that's mostly good news then! I'll leave aside questions of how an automated system messes up a shipping label...my guess is what really happened was they found your monitor in some shipping depot in India and need the extra time where they will be "sending it back to to company to check for damage" to actually get it back in the US and then ship it to you in cornfieldville. :lol:
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Post by Stephen »

hulk must have gave it back to ups after i rat'd him out
PRETENDICA
Manager

Post by PRETENDICA »

Whatever happened, I don't care. I just want that bad boy.
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
TheKeef
Admin
Ingame Name: Lawyers Guns & Money

Post by TheKeef »

PRETENDICA wrote:Whatever happened, I don't care. I just want that bad boy.
Some techie placed his man love into it.... before you could!
ImageImage

Stage IV T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma Survivor, Cancer Killing Ninja Motherfucker.
Dan(omite)
Donor
Ingame Name: Dan(omite)
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:16930891

Post by Dan(omite) »

They caught a guy in Omaha who stole UPS packages from 7 different homes or something. I guess he just followed the truck around and picked up any package left outside--thought it might have been related to your issue but I guess not.
Marcus
Donor
Ingame Name: [ATG] Marcus
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11563238

Post by Marcus »

A few years back when I was working in my old lab, we needed to send a large piece of scientific equipment back to the manufacturer for a repair, we sent it by UPS because the company paid for shipping. We were tracking the shipment back but it never registered on their computer systems. We assumed that it got there, but 2-3 weeks later we called the manufacturer and asked when they would be done with the repair and they told us they never received it :shock: We called UPS and they said that it never arrived at it's destination because it was just sitting on the floor in one of their depots for 2 weeks. At least it wasn't lost because we told them the machine was valued at 35 000$ I guess they didn't want to replace that. Still, a big box (3 ft x 3 ft x 3 ft) being forgotten in their depot I mean come on
PRETENDICA
Manager

Post by PRETENDICA »

Overlord Computer got the monitor back. They said it was too damaged to sell to me. They gave me a full refund. Here's the kicker, while I was waiting for the monitor to return to Overlord, they had another pre-sale and sold out. Those monitors won't be here until May. So now if I really want that monitor, I have to wait another 2-3 months. I don't know if it's worth it.
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
Mullet
Donor

Post by Mullet »

Damn Pre that is horrible. What monitor were you going to get?