The Alienware Area-51 ALX

Got Problems or Advice post here. Want to show off your PC bling?
PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Electronics.
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

The Alienware Area-51 ALX

Post by Magus »

Alienware has finally rolled out their next desktop line, the long awaited Area-51.

I obviously couldn't afford one, but have you SEEN these spects? Clearly the best gaming desktop on the market. Maybe not the biggest BANG for your buck based on the price, but still:

the i7 950 processor. You can't beat that.
Standard with DUAL 1GB GDDR5 ATI RadeonTM HD 5870 CrossfireXTM Enabled. Rediculous.
Only 6 GB of triple channel Ram standard though, any reason they don't do 8GB stock?
A 1.2 Terribyte Hard drive.

What could even use all this technology?
TheKeef
Admin
Ingame Name: Lawyers Guns & Money

Re: The Alienware Area-51 ALX

Post by TheKeef »

My donkey show collection :oops: , lol.

Honestly though Alienware is the stupidest shit ever. No offense to any fans or fanboys. Learn to build your own rig and you'll never pay someone else's price again.

Just my $0.02.
ImageImage

Stage IV T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma Survivor, Cancer Killing Ninja Motherfucker.
Mala
Manager
Ingame Name: Mala
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:25263832

Post by Mala »

TheKeef wrote: Honestly though Alienware is the stupidest shit ever. No offense to any fans or fanboys. Learn to build your own rig and you'll never pay someone else's price again.
I completely agree. It seems kind of silly to spend so much money on something you can build with a little effort for much cheaper. Plus I always liked building my computers because I could customize them specifically how I want (lighting, fans, etc), and its much easier to remove/fix/replace new hardware when you already built it in the first place. Gone are the days of sending away your whole damn tower to get your fan fixed.

Edit: Sorry to go off topic. It is pretty sweet for a retail gaming rig. If I were to be looking for a retail-only rig I would probably end up with an alienware (assuming money didn't matter). They do a nice job with customization and appealing to the whole gaming crowd.
Last edited by Mala on October 21st, 2009, 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Post by Magus »

TheKeef wrote:My donkey show collection :oops: , lol.

Honestly though Alienware is the stupidest shit ever. No offense to any fans or fanboys. Learn to build your own rig and you'll never pay someone else's price again.

Just my $0.02.

I'm not talking about building rigs. I'm a talking about retail sales computers.

No need to flame my thread
Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Post by Stephen »

4-6 gbs or ram is really more then you need.
TheKeef
Admin
Ingame Name: Lawyers Guns & Money

Post by TheKeef »

Magus10112 wrote:

Just my $0.02.

I'm not talking about building rigs. I'm a talking about retail sales computers.

No need to flame my thread, troll.
Hardly trolling or flaming , dont get it all up in a bunch? Wtf is that all about? I have a buddy right here that does retail sales for a long time local company, he will tell you the same.

*edit (this was bugging me)

You were talking retail pre configured boxes. I was saying Alienware is crap becase you can build it for cheaper and LEARN something. Why does that hit the emotion button? I thought we were cool and shit? C'mon man, what gives?
ImageImage

Stage IV T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma Survivor, Cancer Killing Ninja Motherfucker.
ATG Aaron
Manager
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by ATG Aaron »

Stephen wrote:4-6 gbs or ram is really more then you need.
:roll: I have 12gigs of ram
ROFL WAFFLE
Admin
Ingame Name: ROFL WAFFLE
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11162575

Post by ROFL WAFFLE »

ATG Aaron wrote:
12 Gigs is overkill. I don't think there is any noticeable performance gain over 4gb. I have 8gb and pulled out 2 sticks to leave 4gb and I couldn't tell a difference.

Alienwares are so high prices. Their markup must be 300% per part. The warranty is absurd. I'd assume by a Falcon Northwest if I was going to buy one.
ROFL WAFFLE
Admin
Ingame Name: ROFL WAFFLE
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11162575

Post by ROFL WAFFLE »

ROFL WAFFLE wrote:
ATG Aaron wrote:
12 Gigs is overkill. I don't think there is any noticeable performance gain over 4gb. I have 8gb and pulled out 2 sticks to leave 4gb and I couldn't tell a difference. Do you have Windows 64bit?

Alienwares are so high prices. Their markup must be 300% per part. The warranty is absurd. I'd assume by a Falcon Northwest if I was going to buy one.
melissa
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Jane Doe (Roll Tide!)

Post by melissa »

:D