My FUCKING MoBO

Got Problems or Advice post here. Want to show off your PC bling?
PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Electronics.
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

My FUCKING MoBO

Post by Magus »

So asus sent me an email this morning that they won't replace my MoBo because it was damaged.

Here's the email I got.

**Please do not respond to this email. For any inquiries, please contact ASUS Product Support at http://service.asus.com or 812-282-2787**

Dear Mr. Frank,

Your RMA has been received; however there is a delay in processing as your unit was received with (trace damage), which is not covered under the ASUS manufacturer warranty. Due to the severity of the physical damage your unit is not repairable and needs to be replaced. For your reference, please review the attached pictures. For more information in regards to types of damage not covered under ASUS manufacturer warranty, please visit http://service.asus.com, http://support.asus.com, and/or refer to your User Manual. If you would like to continue with the RMA process for your ASUS product, please return the completed and signed credit card form by one of the following methods:

Fax: 510-797-2102

Email: asus_cc@asus.com (PDF/JPG formats accepted only)

Payment will need to be received no later than (3/21/12 ) to prevent your RMA from being returned unrepaired on (3/22/12 ). The repair process will take approximately 5-10 business days for repairs to be completed once payment has been approved. ) to prevent your RMA from being returned unrepaired on (3/22/12 ). The repair process will take approximately 5-10 business days for repairs to be completed once payment has been approved.

Cost of Replacement(all amounts are USD) – enter amounts on credit card form PRIOR to printing the form : enter amounts on credit card form PRIOR to printing the form :

Parts - $168.00

Shipping – please select one shipping method only on credit card form

Sales Tax** – please select one option only on credit card form

**Only if you reside in California or Canada will sales tax be charged. If you are outside California or Canada, please select "none".

All credit card forms must be received with a physical signature for credit card payment processing. If sending via email, you will need to complete the form, sign, and scan as a PDF/JPG format.

Thank you,
ASUS Product Support Team one shipping method only on credit card form

Sales Tax** – please select one option only on credit card form

**Only if you reside in California or Canada will sales tax be charged. If you are outside California or Canada, please select "none".

All credit card forms must be received with a physical signature for credit card payment processing. If sending via email, you will need to complete the form, sign, and scan as a PDF/JPG format.

Thank you,
ASUS Product Support Team one option only on credit card form

Thank you,
ASUS Product Support Team

Now, the photo they show is hard to tell whether it's even my board, and it shows some rubbing *which I don't remember*. So what the fuck do I do now.
Magus
Manager

Re: My FUCKING MoBO

Post by Magus »

And if I do need to get a new board, help me find one either online or at a local best buy (I live in Milwaukee) that's as cheap as fucking possible that works with my System. Fuck. Me.
IM A COMPUTAH
Donor
Ingame Name: IM A COMPUTAH
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by IM A COMPUTAH »

$168 to REPAIR a motherboard? Fuck that. Tell them you demand your property back & buy a new one. It's not worth it for that price. I would like to see these pictures if available.
PRETENDICA
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] PRETENDICA
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:17130959

Post by PRETENDICA »

I'd let let them know they've lost a customer for life. That sucks.
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
Marcus
Donor
Ingame Name: [ATG] Marcus
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11563238

Post by Marcus »

Not worth reparing a mobo, just get a new one, avoids it being broken again
Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Post by Stephen »

Well it was pretty obvious that they wouldnt rma it you blew it they dont have to do shit

Thats what buying insurance is for or properly wiring your components in the first place
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

For a mobo that works with your stuff: any mobo that is socket 1155 (you have a Sandy Bridge CPU, right?) with at least one PCIe x16 slot should work.
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

I'm looking at this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813157279

Compatibility/consensus?
madmattd
Admin

Post by madmattd »

Compatible, yes. Personally I'm not a fan of ASRock, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good board. Z68 is a cool chipset. That one does only have one slot for a GPU though, if that matters to you (you won't be able to SLI/XFire someday).
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
Stephen
Founder

Post by Stephen »

Asrock is a sub company of asus
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

So any recommendations on a specific board then?

Also sandwich whenever
Stephen
Founder

Post by Stephen »

yes get a 1366 board for yout 1155
madmattd
Admin

Post by madmattd »

+1 to Gigabyte. I've build/had friends build about 10 computers with them over the last 3 years, no issues at all. They are sometimes a tad more expensive though. Asus is hit-or-miss from what I've seen in reviews, not that that necessarily means anything.

And Stephen is messing with you if you didn't know Magus :D

An 1155 will be what you need.

Options (by no means all-inclusive, find one with all the features you want):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813128488
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813128538 - can't SLI, but can SSD cache (advanced feature of the z68 chipsets)

Asus has some similar boards too, but since your bad one was Asus and I didn't know which you got, I left them off. I also have no experience with them.
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

Great Matt. I'm diggin that first board. Thanks a lot!
Stephen
Founder

Post by Stephen »

Sandwich deleted his post so rendered my post nill