Is this a good deal?

Got Problems or Advice post here. Want to show off your PC bling?
PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Electronics.
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Re: Is this a good deal?

Post by Magus »

Because honestly that build is basically the exact build I'd do if I was building intel. And I'm going to build intel if I can get a combo like that.
Mullet
Donor

Post by Mullet »

Yeah Matt I was pretty shocked when I found it. It would be a lot cheaper if it wasn't for the high HDD prices right now.

Magus I would click the auto notify and keep checking your email. That's a pretty good deal. It would do everything you need it to do that's for sure.
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

Yup Magus, all you need for that combo is a DVD drive and you'll be rocking. Just grab a $20 SATA interface one off Newegg at the same time you order the rest. I've seen combo deals hang around for a very long time, so who knows. Like I said, I'd expect to see them in in the next couple of days.

That's a sick build for a nice price, you're not going to get anything better through AMD at that price right now sad to say.

And wow, just noticed that HDD price...hopefully supply will get going again to bring those prices down some day soon. That drive would normally be 1/2 that price...
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
Armisael
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Armisael
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:22616673

Post by Armisael »

That HDD does have a 6.0 gb/s interface matt, which drives the price up. It might not be useful, but it's still more expensive.

(For reference, a increasing the interface speed is like raising the speed limit on a road from 40 mph to 60 mph, when you're on a bicycle. You aren't hitting the speed limit either way.)
Mullet
Donor

Post by Mullet »

In general HDD prices have skyrocketed.
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Post by Newman »

Stephen said he was able to buy an external HDD drive + case at WalMart at a regular price and just didn't use the case.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

FYI Magus, the 2500K is back in stock on Newegg. Just the GPU now I guess. You ask me, Newegg ought to allow a swap with a different card of same type and price since that one is out of stock...
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

Maybe I'll send them an email, but I've got that combo on Notify. I've just gotta convince my parents I have the money right when I need to order *which I pretty much do* I was just planning on using some christmas funds for it, which obviously I won't be able to do if I have to order in the next week.
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

Alright, as soon as I get the email that it's in, I'm ordering it. Please look at the thread I just posted: