Should I get a phenom ii x6 1100t for $169?

Got Problems or Advice post here. Want to show off your PC bling?
PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Electronics.
PRETENDICA
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] PRETENDICA
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:17130959

Should I get a phenom ii x6 1100t for $169?

Post by PRETENDICA »

The bulldozer reviews have been disappointing. I see some benchmarks that actually have the chip I have right now out scoring it(less than more). Would it be worth it at all to go from 4 core to six? It's about a hundred dollars cheaper than the new fx-chip.
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Re: Should I get a phenom ii x6 1100t for $169?

Post by Stephen »

Nah you wouldntreally benifit to much no improvement in games just multitasking
Molimo
Admin
Ingame Name: [eK²] Molimo
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8582793

Post by Molimo »

Stephen wrote:Nah you wouldntreally benifit to much no improvement in games just multitasking
+1
PRETENDICA
Manager

Post by PRETENDICA »

That's what I thought. Thanks
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
Mullet
Donor

Post by Mullet »

Pre just get the 2600K and call it a day.
PRETENDICA
Manager

Post by PRETENDICA »

I knew you'd chime in with your intel opinion. I should have listened...
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
Mullet
Donor

Post by Mullet »

I am sorry, I don't mean to be a dork wod. I use to be all AMD dude. This is only my second Intel system ever out of many many systems. The Intel chipsets and CPU's are just so damn fast. I really pray that AMD can get their act together and give Intel a run for their money I really do but they are just not there.
PRETENDICA
Manager

Post by PRETENDICA »

I'm with ya. First of all, I'm all about saving money. So if i can build a system for half the price but only 10% performance loss, I say it's worth the savings. I like rooting for the underdog, which is AMD.

But these new benchmarks, I just think I stuck with them 1 motherboard too long. You're getting half the performance for half the price.
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!
Mullet
Donor

Post by Mullet »

I agree Pre but the rebuild cycle is slowing with every year. I probably will not upgrade for another 2 to 3 years with my current machine. I use to upgrade every year. The system I have now is so so much faster then what I had it's not even funny. My rule of thumb is buy a awesome case and power supply that you will keep for at least for 4 to 8 years. You know stuff like DVD burners you will have for a long time along with good SATS cables and a great CPU cooler which later you can get adapter plated for the new socket.

Now you are down to mobo, ram, video. Once you get to this stage you can upgrade more frequently with the least amount of cost. I have not told you anything new but this is how I upgrade.
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

Not worth the jump on that platform. Agreed that Bulldozer was a disappointment, many were hoping that it would be a worthy response to Sandy Bridge, but it falls well short on performance and isn't much cheaper. But you've seen that. Before this year AMD was a worthwhile option, I just don't see it now.

Mullet: thinking you mean CPU, Mobo, GPU, and maybe RAM. CPU's the most important part!
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
Mullet
Donor

Post by Mullet »

CPU huu?
TheKeef
Admin
Ingame Name: Lawyers Guns & Money

Post by TheKeef »

I have read it is good for something other than multi tasking and that is beasting it OC.
We overclocked manually through the BIOS -- the results were really dandy as we took it to 4 GHz fairly easy -- and again, this overclock was managed with a simple OCZ Vendetta air-cooler.

Here's an overclock at 4.2 GHz 100% stable. We boosted Voltage towards 1.55 V in the BIOS and simply applied a multiplier of 20. Temperatures are now higher, but really acceptable for an AMD Phenom II at just under 50 Degrees C with the core peaking to 55 Degrees C. Again, and I can't stress this enough -- we are only using a 35 USD air based Vendetta cooler here, nothing fancy.

So we finalized a stable overclock (on all six cores) at 4219 MHz with 1.55 V.
Thats a bit like taking the Enterprise past warp nine. Im not an OC'ing junkie but if it runs 4.2 stable thats pretty badass.
ImageImage

Stage IV T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma Survivor, Cancer Killing Ninja Motherfucker.