Problems with iPod

Got Problems or Advice post here. Want to show off your PC bling?
PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Electronics.
Tahko
Admin
Ingame Name: ᴅɢz! Hartmann
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:20888205

Problems with iPod

Post by Tahko »

Does anyone have an iPod Nano 5th Gen? I've been having problems with mine lately, well for a few months now. Back in August I hooked it up to my laptop for some reason which I can't remember. It sync'd fine and everything. Then I disconnected the iPod from the computer and uninstalled iTunes almost immediately after. I tried to plug my iPod into my Desktop and it would not recognize my iPod. I don't believe it would charge either. So, my iPod ended up dying and I lost the USB cord for a while, now that I've found the cord I've been trying to get my iPod charged and working again but I'm having no luck. At the moment my iPod keeps restarting itself. It will load the apple icon for about 90 seconds. Then it will load the main menu. The backlight will dim but I can still see the menu for at least 10 seconds and then the iPod restarts again and repeats this process as long as it's connected to an AC adapter or connected to a PC. I have tried almost everything the Apple site has to offer for trouble shooting. I have used numerous cords, I tried putting it in Disk Mode, Resetting, Re-installing, Restarting.. none of it seems to work. Another thing is these things require a charged iPod. Kind of dumb if you ask me. It's been more than a year so the warranty is up. I think I forgot to mention that whenever I plug my iPod into any computer with or without iTunes the computer does not recognize the iPod nor does iTunes.
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Re: Problems with iPod

Post by Newman »

Have you tried leaving it plugged in for a while to charge it?
<Stuff and Nonsense />
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

Yeah, that's what I did the first night and last night and most of the day. I only fiddled with it for about an hour total it's been on the charger for at least 24 hours and still no sign of life unless it's plugged into something.
Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Post by Stephen »

i had to completely drain my batttery once then fully charge it to fix mine
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

i don't even care anymore. all my shit is just breaking one after another. my 1tb hitachi drive just sparked and now my pc won't read it.
Mullet
Donor

Post by Mullet »

Tahko, I am sorry to hear that dude but for the love of god get a WD black drive.
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

don't have $200 to be spending on a hdd.
Mullet
Donor

Post by Mullet »

Well they are high right not they are normally 69.00.
Molimo
Admin
Ingame Name: [eK²] Molimo
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8582793

Post by Molimo »

Mullet wrote:Tahko, I am sorry to hear that dude but for the love of god get a WD black drive.
+1

and yeah HDD Shortages have brought up the price significantly.

As for your IPOD. The battery looks like it was over drawn. And the problem with Litium-Ion Batteries is if they ever go lower than the recommended voltage, they get damaged. You might want to try and order a battery and change it, you can get them really cheap with a tool kit on www.dealextreme.com.

I mean they're 5-10$, This might be your best bet.
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

Thanks, Molimo. I'm afraid this will only help the easiest part of my problem though, even before the battery died it wasn't being recognized by any of my computers.
Marcus
Donor
Ingame Name: [ATG] Marcus
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11563238

Post by Marcus »

I don't know about iPod Nano's but is there a way to force the firmware back onto the device, like wiping it and restoring the firmware? I've had to do that a few times with my 2nd gen iPod touch since it was becoming unresponsive and slow. But only attempt this if you are sure the battery is good or that the process cannot be interrupted due to a power failure, if it shuts off during the update, you could potentially brick the device.