Problems with Fraps

Got Problems or Advice post here. Want to show off your PC bling?
PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Electronics.
Tobuoi
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Tobuoi
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:23563807

Problems with Fraps

Post by Tobuoi »

Okay, so I've been trying to record some gameplay for a while now and Fraps keeps doing weird shit. I torrented a registered version of 3.2.9 and I'm pretty sure everything is set to the default settings...60 FPS, "full size", capture hotkey's F9, etc.

So when I open a game, I press F9 and assume that I'm recording. When I'm done, I hit F9 again to stop and look for the files. However, most of the time, it still appears to be recording (the files are unopenable, says they're being viewed or whatever), only it shows two unsaved files are being recorded instead of one. I press F9 again and it deletes one of them, leaving me with half of what I wanted to record. Sometimes, the files mysteriously vanish within a matter of seconds of me pressing F9 for the first time.

I've looked around online and it seems like quite a few people are having weird problems like I am, but most of the "solutions" are "Are you sure you have Fraps open when you're trying to record?" Any ideas? I have over 150 GB of free space on my computer, so I don't think that's the problem...
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Re: Problems with Fraps

Post by Newman »

If you have the FPS overlay enabled it changes from yellow to red when you are recording, you could see if it actually says its recording when you press F9.

Also check to see if the program you are trying to record in has anything bound to the same key, could be a conflict of interest.
<Stuff and Nonsense />