Bell Fibe

Got Problems or Advice post here. Want to show off your PC bling?
PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Electronics.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy
Ingame Name: Light Of Darkness
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Bell Fibe

Post by Light Of Darkness »

So, Bell is installing a fiber optic internet service. I've heard people saying that it's 3x faster, and that it should be in my neighborhood at the moment.

Except that my connection has been slower by 1 Mbit so far, and ping has gone up by 50 MS with random spikes to 1k+. Tested this out on a wired computer, not my wireless adapter's problem. Can anyone tell me where it's been installed or where it will be installed and the dates?

Also, faster speeds+lower caps=are you fucking kidding me
Mullet
Donor

Re: Bell Fibe

Post by Mullet »

Fiber all the way. So many less problems then a copper cable network. If I could get a fiber connection I would jump on it.
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

Verizon is putting Fios in my complex this spring, they ran all the cable in the fall. I might upgrade, though overall Comcast hasn't bothered me too much...

LOD: Canada. That's all I can come up with for your last point.
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
wrath
Scout
Ingame Name: Catbread:)Wrath[ATG]

Post by wrath »

I currently have Bell Fibe, its pretty fast for my standards. A definite speed increase, I had speeds up to 2mb. I know can get around 3 to 4 mb/s. My area just got it 2 months ago you get. I live in the Richmond Hill, Toronto area.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

Mbits or Megs?
If it's megs holy shit that's fucking fast
Molimo
Admin
Ingame Name: [eK²] Molimo
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8582793

Post by Molimo »

Bell Aliant just started to install fiber around my area, they have a plan which is 170Mb down, 30Mb Up. and since its Bell Aliant, No bandwidth Cap :D

Can't wait, it's expensive though, might split it with a few neighbors or something.
wrath
Scout

Post by wrath »

Light Of Darkness wrote:Mbits or Megs?
If it's megs holy shit that's fucking fast
Megabytes
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

4MB/s = 32 Mbit. Not bad! Now Molimo's option for a plan, CRAP! You could split that with your whole freaking block and still get crazy speeds!

I must say, I have few complaints about my 12/2 plan that usually runs around 22/4. Comcast station is 1/2 mile right up the road, lol. Considering FiOs in the Spring though. Comcast cable is a rip-off and I only watch like 10 stations ever...
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
wrath
Scout

Post by wrath »

The central bell office in my town is located like 1km away from me so the line is pretty good, Would of been better if I wasn't living in a condo, ;/ but still the price I pay for this internet, I should be getting unlimited bandwidth cap.
IM A COMPUTAH
Donor
Ingame Name: IM A COMPUTAH

Post by IM A COMPUTAH »

madmattd wrote:Verizon is putting Fios in my complex this spring, they ran all the cable in the fall. I might upgrade, though overall Comcast hasn't bothered me too much...

LOD: Canada. That's all I can come up with for your last point.
Do it. I got Verizon Fiber Optic. Speeds are amazing, 0 downtime, and super fast.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

Thing is, I'm not sure if Fibe is being installed in my neighbourhood. There were a few Rogers vans tinkering with some boxes at the park, but that was it. Then my speed went down the drain.
If fiber optics aren't being installed, I'm going to fucking rip out the cables from the ground with my BEAR DAMN HANDS
Joe
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Joe
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:3883133

Post by Joe »

Light Of Darkness wrote:Thing is, I'm not sure if Fibe is being installed in my neighbourhood. There were a few Rogers vans tinkering with some boxes at the park, but that was it. Then my speed went down the drain.
If fiber optics aren't being installed, I'm going to fucking rip out the cables from the ground with my BEAR DAMN HANDS
Bear hands?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

Udyr's bear hands of stunning doom.
OBVIOUSLY
Joe
Founder

Post by Joe »

I just ordered the Fibe 25 package for my new place I'm moving into next week. I'll let you know how it works...
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.
Joe
Founder

Post by Joe »

My Fibe25 seems to be working well right now.