Post Your PC Specs & Pics

Got Problems or Advice post here. Want to show off your PC bling?
PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Electronics.
Ben
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Steak House
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:3162190

Re: Post Your PC Specs & Pics

Post by Ben »

Check it out - Newman sent me a picture of his new water cooling setup. Lots of snow to work with in Canada.
Attachments
Newman's New Water Cooling.JPG
Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction... - Tyler Durden
wrath
Scout
Ingame Name: Catbread:)Wrath[ATG]
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by wrath »

Current PC: Sold my core i7 hd 6970 rig to a friend for 2000 dollars $$$
AMD Phenom II x4
XFX 5870
G.skill ripjaws 4gb 1333mhz ram
Crappy 500gb hdd ;c
Gigabyte 880gm-D2H Mobo <-- great mobo btw
OCZ stealthXStream 2 600watt psu <-
And Cooler master elite 310 silver mid tower case
This build cost me around 600 dollars, 550 if the rebates get accepted ;/
Edit: Upgraded my graphic card from 5770 to a sexy ass 5870, I could sleep with this baby :D
Last edited by wrath on March 22nd, 2011, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hulkvsspawn
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG]hulkvsspawn
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:17449644

Post by hulkvsspawn »

Nice Wrath. Have you noticed any difference in gameplay since swiching to AMD? Should be less frame rates.
"insert 2 capsules into vagina" <-- Mala
"centuries" <-- My dipshit brother
wrath
Scout
Ingame Name: Catbread:)Wrath[ATG]

Post by wrath »

Not really, maybe about 5 fps in Bad company 2, :P
hulkvsspawn
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG]hulkvsspawn
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:17449644

Post by hulkvsspawn »

gluestiq wrote:
Ben wrote:Based on the Hand Gun I am saying Gluestiq has the best rig.
I didn't actually put it there for the picture, that's just where I usually kept it all the time (I carry it at all times, mostly concealed carry).
Is that for your job?
"insert 2 capsules into vagina" <-- Mala
"centuries" <-- My dipshit brother
IM A COMPUTAH
Donor
Ingame Name: IM A COMPUTAH

Post by IM A COMPUTAH »

So sad this computer is for my father not me :(

Too lazy too link but here's a summary:
Intel i5 2500k Sandy-Bridge Processor
HAF932 Case
MSI P67 G65 Motherboard
2x LG DVD Burner
2x WD Caviar Blue 1 TB on RAID 1
HIS 6850 1GB Radeon Video Card
XFX XXX Edition 650W Power Supply 80PLUS Bronze
All in one Card Reader
NZXT Internal USB Expander
FrozenCPU Thermal Compound
2x 4GB G.SKILL DDR3 1333 Ram
Zalman 7500 Ball CPU Cooler

Total to buy and ship on Newegg: $1325 after rebates
I paid $954 after rebates :)

Bought most of my stuff from Microcenter which means $0 shipping and only 3.5% tax instead of the 7% tax Newegg charges. All the components were at the time cheaper from MC as well.
Same case as Stephen. *FIST BUMP*
Mullet
Donor

Post by Mullet »

COMPUTAH nice job dude, looks great.
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

Nice computah! And yes, having recently moved to Boston area, there is a Microcenter nearby. But we don't have to pay Newegg tax since there isn't a warehouse in MA, but I get stuff from the NJ warehouse next day via UPS Ground :D But Microcenter has AWESOME CPU pricing, the 2600K is only $280 there...like $330 Newegg. Similar deal on the 2500K as you know. And they aren't too far off on pricing for other components. When I eventually upgrade my CPU/mobo setup, I'll probably go there, despite having to pay 6.25% tax. Instant gratification :D

Have fun with it. Err, just realized you said it was for your dad. BORROW IT :lol:
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
Mullet
Donor

Post by Mullet »

New rig, got it going today.

Last edited by Mullet on June 29th, 2011, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IM A COMPUTAH
Donor

Post by IM A COMPUTAH »

Mullet wrote:New rig, got it going today.

I really like it, very clean. What case is that?

madmattd wrote:Nice computah! And yes, having recently moved to Boston area, there is a Microcenter nearby. But we don't have to pay Newegg tax since there isn't a warehouse in MA, but I get stuff from the NJ warehouse next day via UPS Ground :D But Microcenter has AWESOME CPU pricing, the 2600K is only $280 there...like $330 Newegg. Similar deal on the 2500K as you know. And they aren't too far off on pricing for other components. When I eventually upgrade my CPU/mobo setup, I'll probably go there, despite having to pay 6.25% tax. Instant gratification :D

Have fun with it. Err, just realized you said it was for your dad. BORROW IT :lol:
The only thing that stinks about MicroCenter is their stock is very limited. They only carry a few of each type of processor, however they do have excellent pricing. Also, due to jealousy at my father having a better computer then me, I did upgrade mine about 2 months ago, I just haven't had the time to post it. I will do that now.
IM A COMPUTAH
Donor

Post by IM A COMPUTAH »

So, I did upgrade my computer about two months ago, but am only posting it now. Most of the components were already there, I only upgraded the motherboard, processor, RAM, video card, and added another hard drive. Here is what it looks like:
Since I was upgrading, I was too lazy to take care of all the wire management. Luckily most of the things are in the same location so it didn't take much work to change up.
Here is a list of components that were already in the computer prior to my upgrade which I kept:
Case: Thermaltake Armor Full Tower - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811133020
DVD Burners: 2x Sony Optiarc - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6827118016
Hard Drives: Western Digital 300GB 10k RPM Velociraptor - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822136260
2x Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB running in RAID 0- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822136317
Power Supply: FSP Group 600W - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817104014
Misc: 19 in 1 Linkskey Card Reader - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820300901

New Components:
CPU: Intel i2500k 3.7GHz Quad Core Processor - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819115072
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Motherboard - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
Additional Hard Drive: Corsair C300 128 GB SSD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
Memory: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR1333 RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
Video Card: 1GB XFX Radeon 6850 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
Internal USB Expander - Allows you to plug in more internal USB devices. Too lazy to dig up the info unless someone needs it
CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper212 + additional fan - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... yper%20212

Overall, if I could do this over, I don't think I would have bought the processor/CPU/Memory. Performance on those parts isn't greatly increased as I don't do many things that take my hardware to its limit. The only time I really see a difference is when I work with my 3D CAD programs, however that is not nearly enough to justify the lack of performance. The stuff I had in there before was a Q6600 processor with 4GB DDR800 memory, Radeon 4850 and a MSI 775 board. I also would not recommend the motherboard to anyone. ASUS had quite a fiasco going with all their P8P67 boards failing due to shitty components and random freezing. I bought this board because I thought the problems were fixed, however some still remain. I crash when viewing YouTube videos sometimes (only Youtube) and also when my computer idles sometimes it crashes. I greatly reduced these instances with firmware updates however some problems still remain. There is a deeply involved method to solve these problems which I will be going through soon. Also, I do not recommend the Hyper212+ Cooler. Compared to the Zalman cooler I installed in my father's computer, this cooler has a much larger footprint and higher idle temperatures. My idle is around 35-40 degrees Celsius.

I am however extremely satisfied with my video card and Solid state hard drive. The old Radeon 4850 I had always ran extremely hot, up to 85 degrees Celsius on some games. This new video card runs at about 60 degrees Celsius max, and of course handles much better with newer games. The SSD is the one thing I am absolutely happiest with. Here is a performance run I ran with CrystalDiskMark on the speeds of my Hard drives:
The C300 makes everything fire right up. The difference between a mechanical hard drive and a SSD is night & day. From the time my BIOS posts until I am at my desktop screen is less then 15 seconds. I don't have to wait through any loading screens. If you compare the SSD to the Caviar drive which is representative of what most people use, the performance is almost an order of magnitude greater in most of those categories. However SSD's don't have very good storage capabilities so far.
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

Yes those C300's are awesome, and so are the M4 successor. Couple with a Caviar Black for storage and you have a great win. But even the nice Raptors are left in the dust by SSD as you have nicely shown. After I got my first SSD, despite the issues with it (Vertex 2...OCZ is bads...), I couldn't stand using computers without one anymore. They are pricey, but worth it. Intel and Crucial drives are HIGHLY recommended.

As far as upgrading from a Q6600, I am on a similar processor, a Q9550 OC'd to 3.4GHz. I see no real reason to upgrade, there is a performance boost to be had if I were to go up to the 2600 series, but not a massive one, and not one worth $600 in new CPU/RAM/Mobo. I'm done upgrading this box for a while, I did the GPU recently just because I got tired of the 9800's crashing...this 560TI runs smooth as butter, and a fair bit cooler as well.

Mullet, glad to see you got your goodies, you will have to let me know what kind of performance boost you get since you has essentially the same processor as me beforehand. What up with the empty case though? You gotta clutter that thing up with wire rats' nests! :D Very nice!

How long until Oops asks for an upgrade? :lol:
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
Mullet
Donor

Post by Mullet »

IM A COMPUTAH wrote:
Mullet wrote:New rig, got it going today.

I really like it, very clean. What case is that?
LIAN-LI PC-A70B

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product
Mullet
Donor

Post by Mullet »

madmattd wrote:
Mullet, glad to see you got your goodies, you will have to let me know what kind of performance boost you get since you has essentially the same processor as me beforehand. What up with the empty case though? You gotta clutter that thing up with wire rats' nests! :D Very nice!

How long until Oops asks for an upgrade? :lol:
Well, I got a new system with a SSD so its hard to judge but it is so damn fast compared to my old system it's not even funny. I have the same 5850 card and TF2 runs like butter now. I also really like how ASUS went with Intel for it's onboard NIC.

Opps gets my old system to replace her old E6600 dual core. LOL
PRETENDICA
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] PRETENDICA
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:17130959

Post by PRETENDICA »

I put in some new fans. I hope Mullet watches.

ps. I sound like a dipshit. That's the reason I'm behind the camera and not in front of it, in my job.
Image <---Thanks, Tahko!