Match vs Brotherhood of Slaughter 7:30 CST Tuesday

madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Re: Match vs Brotherhood of Slaughter 7:30 CST Tuesday

Post by madmattd »

The fact that they kept insisting the plugins were off while they were screaming information at us to check our rank, build 2 dispensers, etc was crap. Clearly the plugins were on (as I understand it, if the plugin is turned off, we shouldn't be seeing that crap pop up - game overlay).

Their spy face stabbed me like 8 times in a row. Yes, it happened once or twice on Badwater, he had low ping, and they were instances when I turned at the last second. Fine, that's the crappy Source Engine lag compensation for you. The ones on Badlands on their server were not like that. Yes, I had a ping around 100, which I have played with many times before and had no problems aside from occasional face stabs for the reasons I mentioned earlier. There were several instances where he was IN FRONT OF ME FOR A WHOLE LIKE 5 SECONDS, then BAM! Facestab. WTF.

Yes, their engy says he wasn't using the 2 dispenser thing and I'll believe him on that, but something was definitely NOT right about that second game. They are calling us bad losers; now I have no problem losing if we get outplayed. It happened on BW, alright fine. I do have an issue losing because of BS like was going on there.

Terrible server FPS, I've played with 200+ ping servers and had massively better FPS coming out of the server. They insist it was our pings. Bullshit.

/rant for now
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
hulkvsspawn
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG]hulkvsspawn
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:17449644

Post by hulkvsspawn »

We did ok on blu on bw, not our best time, but ok. On red we fell apart especially after the first two points. The second server was a joke. I had popups telling what's the next map in rotation. Hopefully our demos will explain what they did wrong. I've got a nice shot of the spy stabbing me in the face. I dunno how they do that. As for what Magus did, don't post in this thread that you "should" be able to attend and then IGNORE all messages to see why your "not" playing. What the hell? Just say your not playing. We've got plenty of demos. A simple, "No, I'm not playing because I have to change my tampon." would suffice.
"insert 2 capsules into vagina" <-- Mala
"centuries" <-- My dipshit brother
sniprpenguin
Scout
Ingame Name: sniprpenguin
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:10590462

Post by sniprpenguin »

Hi, I'm sniprpenguin. You know, the infamous engi using two dispensers.

Just want to clear up some things:

1. The only plug-in running at the time was our advertising one, hence why we
were screaming information at us to check our rank, build 2 dispensers, etc
None of those were enabled, and we have the SourceMod history to show this. And your team is the first to complain about our server, ever.

2. Our spy, Kai... yeah, even I've been the subject of his facestabs. He claims they're legit, but even I want to see his demo of the match. If he's abusing a glitch, then we'll accept the warning and scold him.

3. There was nothing preventing the match from occuring. Despite the lag issues you guys were claiming (Once again, SM shows no lag spikes), the match could've been followed through. By switching to all heavies during the match, we consider that a forfeit. This is up to a league admin, though. I couldn't reach one last night, but I will try again later. Stupid school schedule...

4. Speaking of all heavies, the default etf2l.cfg uses classlimits of -1 for all classes. The admins have still yet to come out and say whether or not Highlander mode should be enabled, but for the time being, teams are expected to use the honor system/edit the config themselves.

5. Afterwards, I was speaking with Pretendica on Steam, and since my team was still on, I offered to continue it on your servers. You know, move over and pretend that never happened. He told me this was not an option since some of you guys raged. That's just not nice. :\

I still want to say that it was a very good match up through your all-heavy movement, and I'm sure we'll face off against each other in the finals of the challenge. You guys were the first REAL team we've faced, and I'm still surprised our team won BW.

As for resolving this, please make sure to upload your demos somewhere easily accessible, such as Dropbox or the ETF2L site. We've been uploading ours, and honestly, it seems like both teams were in the wrong at some point, so all evidence possible would be appreciated.

Also, we're working on !weather and !mooncycle plug-ins for our pub server. :P
hulkvsspawn
Manager

Post by hulkvsspawn »

They're good sports, I'll give them that. We only went all heavies to prove a point. It was good to laugh after a frustrating match. If we play again, we'll use a neutral server. I feel for bad for their team if they're all west coasters.
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Post by Newman »

There were just way too many thing going on last night.
-All the face stabs
-Some people claiming FPS lag (I was around 70-80 FPS on yours, which is fine IMO)
-Some random network lag
-The ads mod, not sure why it would be on a competitive server, seems like wasted resources
-The ads mod saying things about other mods (such as the extra dispenser), how do we know you weren't using them for an unfair advantage? I was told after the match had been reported that no one actually saw two dispenser and were just referring to the ad mod message.
-Class limits should have been enabled by running mp_highlander 1

And in all honestly I think our some of our team, myself especially weren't playing very well.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
sniprpenguin
Scout

Post by sniprpenguin »

To make it clear about WHY the ad mod was going:

That's our clan's testing server. We use it to test new plugins occasionally. Since it wasn't being used much outside of a monthly test, our team decided to use it for practices. And then we had a match where the other guys didn't have a server, so we offered ours. Few weeks later, it's now our tournament server, but it's still used for testing purposes. Because of last night's debacle, we're gonna take all the plug-ins off and run the ETF2L settings as the default, as well as a few other things (Like SourceTV settings set up properly).

And, TBH, it's been a lot of work trying to report this whole thing, and part of me just wants to redo it instead of all this messiness I have to go through. Which is why I'm offering to possibly do a rematch, preferably on a neutral server or yours, if one can't be found. (Our team had no complaints about it) Definitely Blands, maybe one or two others just to get more playtime in. :P The time we did for this last one works for us, and we usually prefer Fridays or Sundays. This Friday might be too short of notice for my team, and this Sunday we already have a match planned. I'll pitch it to my guys in the mean-time.

Also, we did cover that we're not just west-coasters. It's 1/3 Central, 1/3 Pacific, the rest spread out evenly. Our clan just uses west coast servers because the guys running it are califags.
Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Post by Stephen »

badwater was fun enough though we lost, minus the couple fast stabs that took down my third cap window defense that usualy never goes down with wrangler and pyro home wrecker.

badlands was rough i just simply cannot play with over 100 ping, although will have to expect it to happen with this tourny of euros.

ad's were very distracting, making questionable what plugins were running as some were some werent. and just having it pop up on my screen every 30 seconds drawing my attention to that just wasnt cool.

other then that good match
Ben
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Steak House
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:3162190

Post by Ben »

Hello SniprPenguin, yes that match was a mess.

Things did get out of hand at the end. Alas, someone on our side saw the (2) Dispenser Plugin and immediately everyone thought [ATG] had been wronged (although again, we didn't actually see two dispensers). Well, you saw the net result there, with basically (9) Big Dudes busting down your front door and laying waste to anyone under suspicion. I am relieved to hear none of those plugins were enabled - and BOS was winning on the straight and narrow. You will have to accept our apologies - but in the [ATG] Court Of Law, you are "Guilty Until Proven Innocent". I for one would love a rematch with you folks as I expected you are a good fight - and [ATG] is always up for a good battle.

Anyone else have thoughts on this rematch? (I am still shaking off a little rust - they took away my PC while I was put under house arrests.)

[ATG] Steak House
Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction... - Tyler Durden
madmattd
Admin

Post by madmattd »

Newman: I was one of the ones complaining about SREVER FPS. I was running at 60-70 no problem, yet the actual FPS I was seeing was shit, more like 15-20. I honestly have no idea what was going on, but it wasn't right, and it wasn't lag FPS issues I know that.

Another guy on our team who had a ping in the low 60s said it was choppy as hell too, so it wasn't just me.

The facestabs were BS. I have a shot in my demo showing the spy running straight at me, I never turned nor did he, BAM! I was dead. I understand how facestabs happen, this was not how they happen. This happened several times. Unfortunately the ETF2L site won't seem to upload my demos, the page just sits there, not even loading when I click the upload button. I gave up after 10 minutes.

I would be all for a rematch instead of reporting each other and causing all kinds of grief. I know our guys were frustrated, hence the heavy mass (which I did not participate in btw) to prove your plugins had issues (or whatever. Highlander mode OUGHT to be enabled just to ensure fairness all around). And I was getting feedback from some of the plugins (like if I typed into the chat menu), so there was at least something still running. I'm not going to drone on about that. I had no problem with losing on Badwater, we had a good offensive set and an awful defensive. It happens, o well, move on. If you want to rematch either on our server or a neutral, I'm fine with that. I'd even be fine with yours if it runs smoothly to be honest. 100 ping stinks for the east coasters but it will be worse for Euro servers, and since you said there are a few EC'ers on your team, let's play a central US one. Fairest to all players.

Thanks for being willing to work this out. And as for the rage-quitting, there were several of us (myself included) that needed to go in the next 10 minutes after the BL round "ended". We weren't going to be able to start over and play a full 30 minutes, if it needed it.
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
sniprpenguin
Scout

Post by sniprpenguin »

We're full up this weekend, how does thursday or friday work for you guys?
Ben
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Steak House
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:3162190

Post by Ben »

Thursday we have a match already -ADK- / I could make Friday work. Can anyone else make Friday Night?
Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction... - Tyler Durden
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Post by Magus »

Listen all who were bitching about me not being there:

when I play tf2, esp competitively, I often disable my ingame overlay/message pop ups. They are completely distracting. Many of you have my phone number which I gave for just this sort of occassion, I could have let you know either A. that I couldn't attend or B. That I'd be a little late.

I'm sorry I said I could make it, and then didn't. It won't happen again.
madmattd
Admin

Post by madmattd »

Friday could probably work if we can get it set up. I know we were talking about possibly doing a game Friday evening as it was, though that one moved (to Sun?)
hulkvsspawn
Manager

Post by hulkvsspawn »

Friday I can do.
madmattd
Admin

Post by madmattd »

One more thing: Leave the Badwater report as-is, there were no problems in that game that I am aware of. We lost fair and square, you guys won. Good job. If you want to run this again, just set a new challenge.