ATG vs Inglorious Broadcasters 8/25/10 8:30 pm centeral

Crackers
Manager
Ingame Name: Crackers The Racist Turtle
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:16154878

Re: ATG vs Inglorious Broadcasters 8/25/10 8:30 pm centeral

Post by Crackers »

hulkvsspawn wrote:will that mean anything?
It means Das needs to edit it..... :|
OH SHIT ITS CRACKERS
"Oh there's somebody NAMED Somebody! HA HA! SOMEBODY GET ON THE CART! HA HA! SOMEBODY." - Pretendica
Join The Robot Skeleton Army
hulkvsspawn
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG]hulkvsspawn
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:17449644

Post by hulkvsspawn »

Holy shit are we ranked 8th?

I'd also like to point out how important subs are for the team. If you've committed to being apart of our kick-ass team full of awesomeness, we need to know we can count on you if the team needs a sub. Last night was an excellenet opportunity to get playing time and we only won because we had more subs on stand by than they did. Tins filled in and we didn't miss a beat. Pre had to go back to work so SALT came in, played spy and did awesome (Bacon switched to heavy). If I'm understanding correctly, they ended up playing the a memeber on another team, which would disqualify them. So we won because our community was better than theirs! That and the fact it was badwater lol.

At one point in the second round, we were playing down 8 on 9 while our subs got in order. They capped the first point pretty quickly. Once we got the team full, our D just locked them down. They did get the second point but had less than a minute to finish the map, which is impossible.

Considering it was badwater, I think we were expecting big things. After our play, I'm just happy we got a W.
"insert 2 capsules into vagina" <-- Mala
"centuries" <-- My dipshit brother
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

Newman wrote:Apparently Das isn't registered... http://etf2l.org/matches/20383/
Actually his steamID on etf2l.org is missing the last number...
He's on the team, so he probably just need to update his info (Steam ID most likely as Newman said).
hulkvsspawn wrote:Holy shit are we ranked 8th?

I'd also like to point out how important subs are for the team. If you've committed to being apart of our kick-ass team full of awesomeness, we need to know we can count on you if the team needs a sub. Last night was an excellenet opportunity to get playing time and we only won because we had more subs on stand by than they did. Tins filled in and we didn't miss a beat. Pre had to go back to work so SALT came in, played spy and did awesome (Bacon switched to heavy). If I'm understanding correctly, they ended up playing the a memeber on another team, which would disqualify them. So we won because our community was better than theirs! That and the fact it was badwater lol.

At one point in the second round, we were playing down 8 on 9 while our subs got in order. They capped the first point pretty quickly. Once we got the team full, our D just locked them down. They did get the second point but had less than a minute to finish the map, which is impossible.

Considering it was badwater, I think we were expecting big things. After our play, I'm just happy we got a W.
It was a bit of a mess with the update and all with friends list dying so people couldnt get subs and such, Valve better not pull that crap during the tourney...Salt was technically a merc, not sure why he wasn't listed on the match report though he only played the one round (awesomely I might add, that was some nice backstabbing bud). And yeah, that couple minutes without a demo was brutal, once we got one in, we did better, but it was too late for round 2. Round 3 (not 2, sorry Hulk) was a roll (7 minute win while they didn't even get pt 3).

Subs were less of an issue, but we still couldn't raise a couple people on the team, most likely due to Valve's crap last night. Not sure what the deal was with those Canadians last night, apparently they don't communicate as a team.
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
hulkvsspawn
Manager

Post by hulkvsspawn »

madmattd wrote: And yeah, that couple minutes without a demo was brutal, once we got one in, we did better, but it was too late for round 2. Round 3 (not 2, sorry Hulk) was a roll (7 minute win while they didn't even get pt 3).
Thanks Matt

I don't get the scoring system. We started as Blu, pushed the bomb in the hole and won. Then on Red, we stopped them. To me, that's a win. Round over, next map please.
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Post by Newman »

madmattd wrote:Not sure what the deal was with those Canadians last night, apparently they don't communicate as a team.
To be fair it was a nightmare for both of us in terms of communication last night.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
madmattd
Admin

Post by madmattd »

hulkvsspawn wrote:I don't get the scoring system. We started as Blu, pushed the bomb in the hole and won. Then on Red, we stopped them. To me, that's a win. Round over, next map please.
Yes, that is a round. Best of 3 rounds. Don't ask me why, but it is. Probably just to compensate for 1 bad round or something. Like they really had a chance versus us on Badwater, lol. Dustbowl, that's another story
Newman wrote:To be fair it was a nightmare for both of us in terms of communication last night.
Agreed, though I think it was largely Steam's fault for dropping the friends server at the worst possible time (as always). I'm betting everyone was online but their friends list hadn't come back yet. But I was referring more to their leader forfeiting Dustbowl while the rest of their team was ready to play. Their own team didn't seem to know what was going on with their own team, isn't that what Mumble is for, lol?
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Post by Newman »

madmattd wrote:Agreed, though I think it was largely Steam's fault for dropping the friends server at the worst possible time (as always). I'm betting everyone was online but their friends list hadn't come back yet. But I was referring more to their leader forfeiting Dustbowl while the rest of their team was ready to play. Their own team didn't seem to know what was going on with their own team, isn't that what Mumble is for, lol?
This is where things got funky, I was being told by their captain that one of their players had left and another was leaving in like 10 minutes and that they were trying but having a hard time (with steam being up and down all night) to find a replacement. So the best case scenario would have been 8v9 (I think), and he had said we out preformed them and honestly didn't want to try it with a player down. I ended up agreeing with him just calling for a stop after Badwater due to everything that had been going on with teams, network issues, steam, etc.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Post by Stephen »

i think what really needs to be done is short out the team better by the time challenge starts

we dont need players quiting the match cause they dont like a map, or players who are no where around comes match day
SALT
Scout
Ingame Name: SALT
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by SALT »

Was fun guys, thanks. I'd always be willing to sub or "merc" or whatever for you guys if you need it and I'm on.

I'm a paramedic though and I work ridiculous and unpredictable hours, so I can't commit to anything regular. I did get mumble up and running though, nobody was on to test and make sure but I can connect to ATG and all that now.
Ben
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Steak House
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:3162190

Post by Ben »

Thanks for hopping in Salt.
Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction... - Tyler Durden
hulkvsspawn
Manager

Post by hulkvsspawn »

Stephen wrote:i think what really needs to be done is short out the team better by the time challenge starts

we dont need players quiting the match cause they dont like a map, or players who are no where around comes match day
Agreed. I think we have a good system going by filling out your roster spot once the thread is started. Do we want to expand on that and include who will be the backup for each position? Or just name 3 or 4 people who are multi-talented. I dunno. I just don't want our next scrim to take 4 hours.
madmattd
Admin

Post by madmattd »

Agreed. All 14 on the final roster (in case it gets tweaked before the deadline, whenever that is) should be ready to go, and perhaps a merc or two on standby. We just need to let them know we are using a merc in the future (I'm not concerned about it for the ladder, but we should get in the habit).

Salt, hit me up on steam if you want to double check Mumble, I'll be glad to help you out and make sure it's working (id:madmattd).