Stratagies for a noob

Zerg rush bish.
Darkblaze
Admin
Ingame Name: Darkblaze
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:18026806

Stratagies for a noob

Post by Darkblaze »

Help. I want to play zerg but I just get destroyed, anyone have any tutorials to help a nub? kthx
SirDumpling
Admin
Ingame Name: Dragoon
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Re: Stratagies for a noob

Post by SirDumpling »

scout with overlord asap. if you get unlucky on your first time, send out a drone to scout. see what key builings they are making. if there is a really early gas (below 14 for all races basically), get ready for some cheese. get your pool asap no matter how many workers you have out.

normally, if everything looks nice, go for a 12, 13, or 14 pool. get your queen out as soon as pool opens (usually 15 or so), and get your 3rd overlord (you should have your 2nd one coming out at 9). while your overlord is hatching, get out some lings and grab a gas, and either expand if your opponent is laying back a bit (get 1 or 2 spine crawlers to help defend it), or go for roaches/hydras. Never muta off of one base, unless you mystically obtained 2k gas.

Be annoying with lings early on. If they didn't wall off, try to sneak in a few to harrass the mineral line. If they did, just harrass the wall and back off if you see any units that can harm you. If you want to end early on and they walled off, go for a baneling bus. Take out the weakest structure (pylon or supply depot usually), and continue on to their minerals/other units. If the majority are unarmored, such as marines, zealots or zerglings, you may want to consider getting a few more banelings out to take them out.

depending on what you see, either throw down a hydra den or a spire. only get both if you have a TON of gas. If you are going roach/hydra, which is standard, get 2 evo chambers, and start getting carapace (which takes priority) and range attacks. if you are engaging, have your roaches in front of your hydras to tank for your hydras. still get lings, and try to 'backdoor' them with your lings if you have the micro to do so. if they have lots of heavy units that can only fire at one unit at a time, such as immortals or thors, consider building lings and targetting them down to distract them.

watch idra replays. he is by far the best zerg out there. dimaga is good as well, as is sen. i'd really recommend watch idra vs tester games from day9's king of the beta final if you want to see the best battle the best. links: http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/3948814/
http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/3950639/
http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/3950718/
http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/3948943/
http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/3948976/
Hell_Rell
Heavy
Ingame Name: Hell Rell

Post by Hell_Rell »

I have a pretty dope Protoss strat that works on A.I 100% of time.

Just started using the 9-1-12-2 Protoss strat lol. Works pretty damn well in 1v1 or 2v2.
Snake Oil Salesman
Admin
Ingame Name: {︣ﺍȜƦס}SnakeOil Salesman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:19955410

Post by Snake Oil Salesman »

derr hurr... I wanted to play zerg too, then my trial ran out. I'm iffy on buying the game, since I'm pretty sure that I'll only be able to play with those who have the same crap-packs as me =P (seeing as I plan on buying none of them, I guess I'll be in a pickle when some of my friends do...)
SirDumpling
Admin
Ingame Name: Dragoon

Post by SirDumpling »

well, the expansions aren't going to come out for at least 1 more year. i'd say it's more than worth the investment. of course, you will still be able to play with those who don't have the expansions, and others can play with you just by opening wings of liberty, not the new ones.
Hell_Rell
Heavy
Ingame Name: Hell Rell

Post by Hell_Rell »

Word im not gonna buy the expansions but ill still play.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy
Ingame Name: Light Of Darkness

Post by Light Of Darkness »

I'm so getting the fucking expansions. Protoss and zerg is just so much more fun than Terran in multiplayer.

ALSO, you can throw down a gas early to give your opponent the hint that you are cheesing, but then cancel it halfway through then go about normally while he continues to make units but not workers and lose the income war >:)
Snake Oil Salesman
Admin
Ingame Name: {︣ﺍȜƦס}SnakeOil Salesman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:19955410

Post by Snake Oil Salesman »

Light Of Darkness wrote:I'm so getting the fucking expansions. Protoss and zerg is just so much more fun than Terran in multiplayer.

ALSO, you can throw down a gas early to give your opponent the hint that you are cheesing, but then cancel it halfway through then go about normally while he continues to make units but not workers and lose the income war >:)
Noo! dont support their corporate greed T_T You make it harder for people like me to pay/play lol.
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Post by Magus »

Need a tip? Don't play zerg and expect to advance to hi tier play unless you're DAMN good. It's the DEEPEST civ w/ the most potential.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy
Ingame Name: Light Of Darkness

Post by Light Of Darkness »

Also: 6pool

6pool them until they're dead.