updated: ZF_Badwater_b2

SanVich
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] SanVich
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:17755557

updated: ZF_Badwater_b2

Post by SanVich » March 22nd, 2011, 6:29 pm

update: fixed the map not resetting on round end, added some optimization.

So I went and tried to make a badwater map for zf. I finally got the payload logic working and spawns working correctly. You push the cart as the survivors(red team), and the zombies(blu team), must kill all of the reds. Due to the way zf players act(trolls usually), the survivor team has very limited space to move in(generally around the area of the cart) because most of badwater is blocked off by security fences to them, whereas the zombies can move freely around badwater to strike from vantage points. I was talking to Stephen about this today, and he said he had made one a while back, but it wasn't too popular. I'm hoping the map I tried to convert to ZF gains popularity on our zf servers 8-)

Name: ZF_Badwater
Edited by: [ATG] SandvichSpy (I take no credit for the map itself, just changing some stuff here and there to make a cool zf map out of it)
Download:
All-talk is not for twitter updates. Microphones are not suppositories. Learn it.
Lord Melchior
Ingame Name: [ATG] Lord Melchior
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:24385041

Re: ZF_Badwater

Post by Lord Melchior » March 23rd, 2011, 1:31 pm

Great map sandvich. Well balanced, well thought-out and I couldn't find any exploits.
A few things though:

-Spawn Point (the house) is marked as BLU on HUD.
-Invisible barriers (Point B, staricase to the roof, to bridge between point B and C, after point C, etc. texture them with a no_entry.)
-Visible barriers (the barriers you plced on top of the fences sometimes become visible if you stan close enough. try replacing the noentry texture with a nodraw texture, or try adding a Player Clip.)
-3D Skybox textures are messed up(The rocks in the background are white. not sure how to fix that)
-The doors leading to bridge to the left of point B closes when capped. Why? It opens when point A is capped.
-You left in lights that don't emit light in dark areas. Their models have self-illuminating specs, but since you removed the associated light and light_spots they just look silly.

all with all you did a pretty good job on this. please fix the above points and I'd love to see it added to the server :3
SanVich
Manager

Post by SanVich » March 23rd, 2011, 1:42 pm

Lord Melchior wrote:Great map sandvich. Well balanced, well thought-out and I couldn't find any exploits.
A few things though:

-Spawn Point (the house) is marked as BLU on HUD.
-Invisible barriers (Point B, staricase to the roof, to bridge between point B and C, after point C, etc. texture them with a no_entry.)
-Visible barriers (the barriers you plced on top of the fences sometimes become visible if you stan close enough. try replacing the noentry texture with a nodraw texture, or try adding a Player Clip.)
-3D Skybox textures are messed up(The rocks in the background are white. not sure how to fix that)
-The doors leading to bridge to the left of point B closes when capped. Why? It opens when point A is capped.
-You left in lights that don't emit light in dark areas. Their models have self-illuminating specs, but since you removed the associated light and light_spots they just look silly.

all with all you did a pretty good job on this. please fix the above points and I'd love to see it added to the server :3
- I keep forgetting to change that color lol
- They should have been textured with no entry, but alas they don't seem to want to show up
- Those are func_respawnroomvisualizers with a noentry texture
- I don't know why the 3d skybox does that, I think it has something to do with the built in fog system, even though I deleted the fog controller
- There shouldn't be any doors opening or closing as I got rid of all doors o.o If you're asking why they are closed, it's because that's how it's supposed to be, but they aren't solid and zombies can sneak out through them.
- I am well aware of the lights, lol
All-talk is not for twitter updates. Microphones are not suppositories. Learn it.
Lord Melchior
Ingame Name: [ATG] Lord Melchior
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:24385041

Post by Lord Melchior » March 23rd, 2011, 1:51 pm

well why did you use func_respawnroom visualisers? you could've just used a player clip. They're not respawn rooms after all. I don't know whether that'll conflict with anything. Also the noentry texture looks really out of place like that.

oh and on a side note fog doesn't work in hammer. Probably just a texture error. Though I really wouldn't know since I've never touched any 3D Skyboxes before.
kwbrownie2003
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Brownie
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by kwbrownie2003 » March 23rd, 2011, 4:37 pm

when we were loading this map yesterday, the server crashed why is that? i would really like to try it out(along with icefort)
no Brownie you are credit to team-Derp ♥
I HAVE NASTASKA-ChoZO
spy almost spyed me!!-Derp ♥
"Remember remember, the 5th of november, the gunpowder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot......"-V
Brownie, how can I stay mad at you, You're my apartment-Blackphoenix
Me:I'm hip, I'm fresh! Yeah fresh out of dumbass school-Conan
SanVich
Manager

Post by SanVich » March 23rd, 2011, 5:07 pm

IceFort works now apparently (Stickey and some other people downloaded it and got in and were playing today), but it makes my hl2.exe crash...
SanVich
Manager

Re: updated: ZF_Badwater_b2

Post by SanVich » October 8th, 2011, 3:54 pm

I don't think I'll ever come back to working on this map, since it was so screwey working with the cart logic.

I'm scrapping this one.