Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] SanVich
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:17755557

Coming Soon: ZF_IceFort_V3_b1

Post by SanVich » January 11th, 2011, 7:16 pm

Map: ZF_IceFort_V3_b1_1a
Created by: [ATG] SandvichSpy
Downlnoad: http://www.mediafire.com/?0bsstj0r89fs440

Update 7: attempted to make the map more playable (the spawn camping was just awful, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves). Got rid of all the trees and put in land masses instead (since displacements are easier on your FPS than prop spam). Added a forge area near the last point so it didn't look so plain and bare up there. Tried to also make the first point a bit less laggy (I actually got a 32 vertices area portal to work, even though valves wiki says you cant go more than 6 LOL).

Update 6: New, V3!!! And it's a payload map this time!!! The basic idea is zombies push a payload out of their spawn and up to the survivors fort. First point is a palisade walled fort, with the front and back open. The 2nd point is right up inside the front door area of the fort, right on the stairwell. The 3rd point is up some more stairs and down a hallway or 2, out towards the circular balcony. You then go from there down a ramp and back around to the throne room you were in after the 2nd point, and the bomb will drop into a Badwater style explosive pit and go kaboom.

Zombie spawns have ticket booths that unlock and teleport you to certain spots when you capture one of the First 3 points (A, B, and C), which will give zombies a bit of an easier time getting back to the cart. If all survivors die, the round is over. The reason I make zombies push the cart is because I followed a valve guide to do it and they did it for BLU team...so i'm not going to argue, + if there are any dumbshit survivors hiding on the map, you can just go push the cart in and win (if red were pushing I could see alot of them griefing and hiding, or they would get picked off very easily)

About the cart: the cart is a standard bomb model (same as badwaters). It dispenses health and ammo to zombies and moves when zombies push it (usually within about 4 feet of the cart). I also made the cart about 2x faster than badwaters, since the map time is 2 minutes. Each point you capture does give you another minute, but I want this map to be fast paced, so that you have to stick to your objectives, rather than dicking around somewhere.
zf_icefort_v3_b10000.jpg
zf_icefort_v3_b10001.jpg
zf_icefort_v3_b10002.jpg
zf_icefort_v3_b10008.jpg
zf_icefort_v3_b10009.jpg
Old updates (kept in spoiler tags to keep topic clutter down)
Spoiler! :
Update 5: Attempted to optimize some stuff...failed horribly, but hopefully decreasing the land size and removing redundant props made the fps spike. Also added 5 Control Points for zombies to cap.

Update 4: Made a version 2 of the map, it's bigger, the fort is bigger, much more playability and not as cramped of a game now. Might lag in spots though, and I need to test it on the pubbers to get feedback on what to fix.

Update 3: Got rid of the 27 ragdolls that would take a shit on the server ping for everyone and made minor adjustments.

Update 2: I think all the stuff that would cause a server crash is now fixed in my map(logic delays and whatnot). So if possible can someone upload this revision to the server whenever they're free? Thanks! :D

Update: moved a bunch of stuff round yielding zf_icefort_b4

So I just made a fairly simple zombie map to test out the basics of map making and to learn how a map functions and I must say it went pretty well. I would also like to give a special thanks Stephen and Joe for their help with certain things that were eluding me in the map and for helping me learn along the way. Also if possible could I get the ATG banner image that Stephen put in his mall map? I want to fly our flag colors in this map :)
All-talk is not for twitter updates. Microphones are not suppositories. Learn it.

Web Master
Sniper
Ingame Name: Webfinders
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Re: zf_icefort

Post by Web Master » January 11th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Not bad, gonna have to playtest it though. With me of course!

Tachyon
Ingame Name: Tachyon³
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:26091342

Post by Tachyon » January 11th, 2011, 9:36 pm

Looks awesome :)
So that's why you were in Source SDK.. :P

Too strong of an opinion can interfere with the process of collection.

Lord Melchior
Ingame Name: [ATG] Lord Melchior
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:24385041

Post by Lord Melchior » January 12th, 2011, 12:36 pm

:c you're better than me already.

ironical how you asked me to guide you.

also;
AWESOME a ZF map I can snipe in =D

it's looking great I want it on the server and I want it nao.

Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Post by Newman » January 12th, 2011, 12:43 pm

Last night the headshot zombie sign was just a big error message instead.
<Stuff and Nonsense />

SanVich
Manager

Post by SanVich » January 12th, 2011, 2:27 pm

Newman wrote:Last night the headshot zombie sign was just a big error message instead.
Yeah I don't know why it did that(considering it was part of the tf2 gamefiles lol)

Edit: It seems to crash at random intervals and I can't seem to figure out why. Would anyone know why a map would cause the zf server to crash? I'm guessing somethings index is going out of bounds...but I have no clue otherwise.
All-talk is not for twitter updates. Microphones are not suppositories. Learn it.

Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Post by Stephen » January 12th, 2011, 3:58 pm

that model isnt accualy part of tf game files, its from the meet the sniper video and they included in sdk files to use but has to be injected in the map if you wanna use it with tf2.

as for the crash check the compiling log for errors

SanVich
Manager

Post by SanVich » January 12th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Stephen wrote:that model isnt accualy part of tf game files, its from the meet the sniper video and they included in sdk files to use but has to be injected in the map if you wanna use it with tf2.

as for the crash check the compiling log for errors
I looked through the compiling log and didn't find any errors. So I'm wondering if it's the server or if my map conflicts with something in the server or if I'm missing some sort of logic/entity required in zf.

SanVich
Manager

Re: updated again: zf_icefort

Post by SanVich » January 13th, 2011, 1:38 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I think I worked out alot of the logical problems with my map. I talked to DirtyMinuth last night and had him look at my map, and he recommended a bunch of different stuff and told me how to find certain things in my map(such as an unused tanktrain that was invisible and causing problems lol)

SanVich
Manager

Re: UPDATE zf_icefort_b6

Post by SanVich » February 28th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Hey I updated again and fixed the 27 ragdolls taking a shit on the server.

This version I want put in rotation, since it is playable, and shouldn't crash, and I'm sure everyone wants something new to play.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?c7k9bz6303rf6tx

kwbrownie2003
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Brownie

Post by kwbrownie2003 » February 28th, 2011, 11:57 pm

nice map sandvich i really would like to see :), hope i can playtest it =p
no Brownie you are credit to team-Derp ♥
I HAVE NASTASKA-ChoZO
spy almost spyed me!!-Derp ♥
"Remember remember, the 5th of november, the gunpowder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot......"-V
Brownie, how can I stay mad at you, You're my apartment-Blackphoenix
Me:I'm hip, I'm fresh! Yeah fresh out of dumbass school-Conan

SanVich
Manager

Post by SanVich » March 1st, 2011, 9:05 am

kwbrownie2003 wrote:nice map sandvich i really would like to see :), hope i can playtest it =p
It's been playtested already brownie I just had to reupload a version without 27 ragdolls killin da ping :)

kwbrownie2003
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Brownie

Post by kwbrownie2003 » March 1st, 2011, 11:22 pm

SandvichSpy wrote:
kwbrownie2003 wrote:nice map sandvich i really would like to see :), hope i can playtest it =p
It's been playtested already brownie I just had to reupload a version without 27 ragdolls killin da ping :)
yeah i kind of expected that, oh well at least it works im right?
no Brownie you are credit to team-Derp ♥
I HAVE NASTASKA-ChoZO
spy almost spyed me!!-Derp ♥
"Remember remember, the 5th of november, the gunpowder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot......"-V
Brownie, how can I stay mad at you, You're my apartment-Blackphoenix
Me:I'm hip, I'm fresh! Yeah fresh out of dumbass school-Conan

madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd » March 2nd, 2011, 12:41 pm

SandvichSpy wrote:I just had to reupload a version without 27 ragdolls killin da ping :)
So it's YOUR fault all [ATG]'s servers lag now? I KNEW IT! :lol: ;)
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica

SanVich
Manager

Post by SanVich » March 2nd, 2011, 5:35 pm

madmattd wrote:
SandvichSpy wrote:I just had to reupload a version without 27 ragdolls killin da ping :)
So it's YOUR fault all [ATG]'s servers lag now? I KNEW IT! :lol: ;)
Maybe back in December, but my map hasn't been on the server since then