I have been playing TF2 since June 10th, 2010 (the day it was released for the Mac).
I used to play Team Fortress Classic from 2000 through 2004, mostly on the Hunted level. I helped design and test an update of that map for the server I played on - was really fun!
How long have you been playing with ATG and what (or who) made you decide to stick around?
I have been playing on the ATG server since sometime in the fall of 2010.
I tend not to try out new servers too often due to the lack of respectful, fun players on most servers. When I originally found ATG, it was because a friend was on the server, so I joined to play with him (that was one of the last times he played TF2).
I liked the server and kept coming back.
What classes are your favorite to play?
My favorite clases are pyro, soldier, and huntsman sniper. I suck at scout and heavy, and can't hit a damn thing with a sniper rifle. While I play spy and medic occasionally, I usually get frustrated with them and switch after a round or two.
What other games do you play?
I have a wide array of games I enjoy from shooters (Halflife, Portal) to strategy games (Starcraft, Civilization 5, Master of Orion - the original only!) to RPGs (Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age).
I have also been involved with Longbow Games (formerly Longbow Digital Arts), working for them for several months in 2000-2001 with their game Tread Marks. More recently I participated in a closed beta test of their latest game, Hegemony: Philip of Macedon, for which they gave me credit as a Quality Assurance tester.
How long have you been gaming and how did you get into it?
I have been gaming since the mid 1980's on an Amiga. A lot of good strategy games were out for that platform. I got into FPS games in the late 1990's at college with Unreal and HalfLife, and loved them.
What are some of your other hobbies/interests?
Well, lets see...
- Astronomy (nice 10" SCT telescope, smaller 3.5" MCT telescope, and now a new solar telescope for observing the sun),
- Model Railroading (for the past 25+ years)
- Archeology (mainly castles and medieval structural design and military technology)
- Reading - scifi and fantasy
- Computers and gadgets - everything from playing with them to taking them apart and seeing what is inside
- Science and technology - physics, astronomy, engineering
- Sea kayaking & swimming
- Metorology (love tracking and predicting hurricanes!)
- 3d models - got quite a few ships modeled, but I suck at making realistic textures for them so they are mostly flat grey
- Writing (been working on a fantasy genre book in my spare time, though it's been a couple years since I had spare time...it's around 300 pages but needs a lot of revising)
What's the story behind your screen name?
When I started college, I needed a name for my computer. As I was working toward a physics degree, I picked Chaos Theory as the basis for my name. Chaos theory predicts that every apparent chaotic event can be represented by a non-chaotic but complex equation.
I selected the idea of Random Chaos as a representation of a chaotic system so random that it could not be predicted by chaos theory. I then adopted that for my online screen name less than a month later.
Is there any advice/feedback you have for ATG?
Stand still when I want to taunt kill you