Random Crashes

Que the Jihad quads and UAVs.
Hell_Rell
Heavy
Ingame Name: Hell Rell

Random Crashes

Post by Hell_Rell »

Anyone else get random crashes? I can play for a round or two and all of a sudden the game will make an odd noise and crash out, no error message. Only time i got an error was during campaign and it referred to a Direct X issue and a hung GPU.

Some people on BF3 forums are saying that turning your GPU clock down to 800mhz works but i dont even know how to do that.
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Re: Random Crashes

Post by madmattd »

Hell_Rell wrote:Some people on BF3 forums are saying that turning your GPU clock down to 800mhz works but i dont even know how to do that.
Which depends on the GPU as each has different clocks. Plus that's not a fix...it's a work around. Are you running the new drivers that just came out?
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
Hell_Rell
Heavy

Post by Hell_Rell »

madmattd wrote:
Hell_Rell wrote:Some people on BF3 forums are saying that turning your GPU clock down to 800mhz works but i dont even know how to do that.
Which depends on the GPU as each has different clocks. Plus that's not a fix...it's a work around. Are you running the new drivers that just came out?
Running newest drivers, gonna do a full uninstall and reinstall of them when i get ho.e.
Hell_Rell
Heavy

Post by Hell_Rell »

This is the error i am now getting.
Attachments
error.jpg
madmattd
Admin

Post by madmattd »

GG Nvidia. That's a driver issue...
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
Hell_Rell
Heavy

Post by Hell_Rell »

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 703425305/
I found this fix in another thread. I tried it and YES! No more CTD! I've been playing multiplayer for about 20minutes and two campaign levels and and so far no crash at all. Before the fix it was impossible for me to play more than 1-2minutes without either CTD or a total system failure.

I do have a GTX 560Ti pre-clocked to 900MHz so I don't know if it will work for you guys (and girls) with other GPUs. I hope it does,

Good Luck to you, here's how to make it work!

"All GTX 560Ti have an Over-Clock set 900MHz. This has proven to be an unstable over-clock so to stop it from crashing your game please follow the guide below.

Please note the following before you proceed.
- Changing the settings of your graphics card may Void your Warranty.
- You are responsible for any damage to your card.
- Use responsibly.

Make sure you have the latest drivers first:http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us [nvidia.com]

Overclock Method:
1. Download MSI Afterbuner http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm [event.msi.com]
2. Slide the Core Clock (MHz) slider to between 800-850, don't worry if the Shader Clock moves when configuring the Core Clock.
3. Click Apply.
4. Launch game and Enjoy."

PS: I set my card core Clock to 825MHz
this has worked for me so far this morning.
madmattd
Admin

Post by madmattd »

Disappointing that you have to return to a stock clock for one game to work correctly...
Hell_Rell
Heavy

Post by Hell_Rell »

Not even sure what all of it means but i turned clock down to 825mhz and i was playing solid today without a crash, but it always seems i crash at night and not during morning sessions. Im not even sure if that program does anything but im happy to try and solutions.

I wonder if i should turn the clock back up for Skyrim.