Que the Jihad quads and UAVs.
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Battlefield 3 promised to not be "consolized"

Post by Newman »

http://www.1up.com/news/battlefield-3-p ... consolized
With all the hoopla that was raised against Infinity Ward for what PC players perceived as applying console limitations to the PC version of Modern Warfare 2, it's not surprising that shooter developers are now extra careful not to upset their PC fanbase. In fact, Electronic Arts and DICE are already taking a proactive approach to defending Battlefield 3, with designer Alex Kerz assuring fans that the PC version of the game won't suffer to improve the console versions.

"It's too early to talk BF3 specifics. But it's never too early for me to acknowledge that PC players have a fear that BF3 will be 'consolized,'" wrote Kerz in a forum post. "Battlefield 3 needs an extra bit of special attention on the PC. I intend to give it that attention; tradition and our community demand it."

So while the PC version won't be "consolized," what it sounds like instead is that the console versions will follow what's done on the PC. "Fundamentally I think it is an error to have different core gameplay on console vs. PCs. PC gives a player more input control and if a gun feels good on PC it feels good on console," Kerz wrote. "I won't 'dumb it down' by lowering the recoil or changing the damage model or other such silliness."

Kerz says tweaks have already been made to insure this is the case, as play tests showed the gun accuracy on PC didn't feel as good as on consoles. "In response to the feedback on PC, I completely retweaked the accuracy," Kerz said. "The next playtest it was immediately obvious that it was a change for the better, and surprisingly it also made gamepads feel much better as well."

There's still no indication of when Battlefield 3 will be released, but a code for a future beta test was included in copies of Medal of Honor. Unfortunately, there's still no indication of when the beta test will actually begin, either.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
Light Of Darkness
Heavy
Ingame Name: Light Of Darkness
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Re: Battlefield 3 promised to not be "consolized"

Post by Light Of Darkness »

All PC games should be developed seperately from console counterparts.

Crappy ports FTL.