Filling the server

Que the Jihad quads and UAVs.
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Filling the server

Post by Newman »

i've read in a few threads that once you hit 8 people in the server it should pretty much fill up to 95%-100% capacity in about 5 minutes.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
hulkvsspawn
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG]hulkvsspawn
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:17449644

Re: Filling the server

Post by hulkvsspawn »

This is true.
Pre and I witnessed this yesterday during lunch. We were basically playing by ourselves with Joe. Then within 1 minutes tops the server was completely full.
"insert 2 capsules into vagina" <-- Mala
"centuries" <-- My dipshit brother
Newman
Founder

Post by Newman »

Looks to be hit/miss tho, we had 8-10 people in the server for a good 20-30 minutes and we didn't get more people.

I'm guessing that anyone who hits the Play Now button is put into a server and they keep filing people into that server until it caps before going onto the next. Probably not tho.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
Newman
Founder

Post by Newman »

Very interesting.
We tried an experiment tonight. Our server was empty, and we had a few of our own guys join, who were around rank 22-25. No one else joined the server from the outside. We then had them leave the server, create a new soldier at rank 0, one of them joined, and within 10 seconds the server was full (Squad Deathmatch 16 players). We repeated this test and each time had similar results. Once the server would fill and the rank 22-25 soldier profiles joined any open spot, there were very few new people join if any at all, which would eventually empty the server as people would leave and no one new would join.

Is this by design? It there a bug regarding rank limitations or what? The frequency of people joining was way too fast for all of them to have happened to hit the join server button on my server nearly simultaneously, more than likely they clicked on Play Now and found my server that way. It seems like if the server is populated with higher ranked soldiers, that Play Now filters those servers out.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Post by Stephen »

its because the play now feature takes ranking into effect. as it was on xbox when you would play now it would try and group ranks together so higher ranks dont rape lowers constantly.

which sucks for trying to build a server.