Banner Contest Voting Begins!

For everything else. Introductions say hello and introduce yourself, or got something to say about something or someone.

Vote for the best banner.

Poll ended at January 19th, 2010, 10:41 am

5hortBu5
6%
AksumkA
31%
flickenmaste
9%
tahko.the.virus
43%
Sir Dumpling
11%

Total votes: 35
J-Tins
Admin

Re: Banner Contest Voting Begins!

Post by J-Tins »

goose wrote:Am I the only one who voted for dumplings?
Not anymore, his captures TF2 he most accurately, you can't deny that. I think tahko should win though cause he snuck some L4D stuff in there. If dumpling drew a black guy saying "pills here", it would've been all him.
"I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that...Yeah, I remember grindin my feet on Eddie's couch." -RJ
Ben
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Steak House
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:3162190

Post by Ben »

Warden - :lol: :lol: :lol:

These are all great - I voted for the party - but this is like picking between Megan Fox and Scarlett Johansson - You Just Can't Go Wrong There.
Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction... - Tyler Durden
SirDumpling
Admin
Ingame Name: Dragoon
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by SirDumpling »

Ahh, before everyone finishes voting, I would like to explain some of the reasoning behind the images I included:

1) mom says ATG is good.
-Mothers are very respected and looked up to in society. By having one say, ATG is good, is clearly a great compliment; only the best of the best would get such a comment by someone so clearly looked up to by many people.

2) dog
-ATG is like a dog, if one thinks about it. It started out as a little puppy server, being nursed players by XFG. However, as time passed on, XFG, ATG's 'mother server', decided it was time to let her pup go; it was mature enough to survive in the wild. Which it did, with rousing success. One could even say ATG is the alpha male in the wolf pack that consists of TF2 and L4D servers.

3) demoman
-Mandatory. I couldn't be racist, had to have a token black guy in their somewhere. It also shows the true appreciation for the revolutionary kritzkreigs, as well as the subtle finesse of direct pills.

4) Bat
-I chose the bat to represent the Administration we have here at ATG. A bat can be used to punish, however it is not as harsh as other forms of doing so. It will often give a few 'warning hits' before finally delivering the final blow. One more thing, just like our admins, the bat is a home run! After skewing multiple layers, increasing and decreasing the opacity, and finally going through multiple hues and tones of colors, the bat was well worth the time spent.

5) Scout
-The scout represents the hardships many face; being on fire, for instance. However, he always has that goofy smile on his face, because deep-down he knows that ATG will always be there for him.

6) heart
-The heart is a symbol for the relationships that one can find and create at ATG. From new friendships, even as far as new lovers, ATG is full of new possibilities.

7) sentry gun
-What would a server be without the actual machines? That's right, not a server. Here at ATG, our servers are always being repaired (from the overload of incoming masses) and upgraded, just like a sentry gun.

8) woohoo
-I decided to choose the phrase, "Woohoo", to represent all of the excitement that goes on here. From the everyday "Overtime! Quick rush the cart in!", to this fantastic banner contest, ATG is always making at least one person say "Woohoo"; they just can't contain themselves here!

9) rainbow border
-The rainbow border is a symbol for several things. From member diversity, all the way to being the fun, joyous rainbow (ATG) after the storm (XFG dying), the rainbow can be interpreted many ways.

That is all. I just wanted to explain my choices, as it is clear that I have put more time and thought into my banner than most others have. I'm not trying to sway any votes, I just wanted to let everyone know that there really is a deep, significant meaning behind all of those hand-drawn pictures.
Thank you for reading,
-SirDumpling
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Post by Magus »

That was... Awesome? lol.
flickenmaste
Admin
Ingame Name: (-DR-)flickenmaste[FuG]
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:22531243

Post by flickenmaste »

dumpling my eyes just melted from that awesomeness
Just cause everyone else has a pic of killing Txtwo:
Ben
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Steak House
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:3162190

Post by Ben »

Well said, Dumpling.
Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction... - Tyler Durden
Lemoxe

Post by Lemoxe »

Dumpling: master of symbolism
Kitten
Admin
Ingame Name: Fluffy Harmless Kitten
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:1508078

Post by Kitten »

SirDumpling wrote:Ahh, before everyone finishes voting, I would like to explain some of the reasoning behind the images I included:

1) mom says ATG is good.
-Mothers are very respected and looked up to in society. By having one say, ATG is good, is clearly a great compliment; only the best of the best would get such a comment by someone so clearly looked up to by many people.

2) dog
-ATG is like a dog, if one thinks about it. It started out as a little puppy server, being nursed players by XFG. However, as time passed on, XFG, ATG's 'mother server', decided it was time to let her pup go; it was mature enough to survive in the wild. Which it did, with rousing success. One could even say ATG is the alpha male in the wolf pack that consists of TF2 and L4D servers.

3) demoman
-Mandatory. I couldn't be racist, had to have a token black guy in their somewhere. It also shows the true appreciation for the revolutionary kritzkreigs, as well as the subtle finesse of direct pills.

4) Bat
-I chose the bat to represent the Administration we have here at ATG. A bat can be used to punish, however it is not as harsh as other forms of doing so. It will often give a few 'warning hits' before finally delivering the final blow. One more thing, just like our admins, the bat is a home run! After skewing multiple layers, increasing and decreasing the opacity, and finally going through multiple hues and tones of colors, the bat was well worth the time spent.

5) Scout
-The scout represents the hardships many face; being on fire, for instance. However, he always has that goofy smile on his face, because deep-down he knows that ATG will always be there for him.

6) heart
-The heart is a symbol for the relationships that one can find and create at ATG. From new friendships, even as far as new lovers, ATG is full of new possibilities.

7) sentry gun
-What would a server be without the actual machines? That's right, not a server. Here at ATG, our servers are always being repaired (from the overload of incoming masses) and upgraded, just like a sentry gun.

8) woohoo
-I decided to choose the phrase, "Woohoo", to represent all of the excitement that goes on here. From the everyday "Overtime! Quick rush the cart in!", to this fantastic banner contest, ATG is always making at least one person say "Woohoo"; they just can't contain themselves here!

9) rainbow border
-The rainbow border is a symbol for several things. From member diversity, all the way to being the fun, joyous rainbow (ATG) after the storm (XFG dying), the rainbow can be interpreted many ways.

That is all. I just wanted to explain my choices, as it is clear that I have put more time and thought into my banner than most others have. I'm not trying to sway any votes, I just wanted to let everyone know that there really is a deep, significant meaning behind all of those hand-drawn pictures.
Thank you for reading,
-SirDumpling
i swear to god i thought this whole thing was written by ben. i lol'd hard.
"babies come out of the titities"~<3 Lemoxe
"all talk is not for twitter updates"~Stephen
wisoka
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] wisoka
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:5187256

Post by wisoka »

i would like to change my vote to dumpy.
"I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." - Bob Dylan
"Like a woman seduces a horny man, Hitler captivated the people of Germany." -clearly a genius.
Tahko
Admin
Ingame Name: ᴅɢz! Hartmann
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:20888205

Post by Tahko »

Come on. Tahko needs L4D2. :(
J-Tins
Admin

Post by J-Tins »

After first place is determined, we should do 2nd and then 3rd separately. or is that already the game plan...?
"I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that...Yeah, I remember grindin my feet on Eddie's couch." -RJ
Tahko
Admin
Ingame Name: ᴅɢz! Hartmann
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:20888205

Post by Tahko »

Yeah, that's a good idea, but then it'd be a much longer voting process.
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Post by Newman »

J-Tins wrote:After first place is determined, we should do 2nd and then 3rd separately. or is that already the game plan...?
That would be a god awful long voting period.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
flickenmaste
Admin
Ingame Name: (-DR-)flickenmaste[FuG]
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:22531243

Post by flickenmaste »

contest isn't over yet, but congratz to the winners! :)
Just cause everyone else has a pic of killing Txtwo:
Joe
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Joe
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:3883133

Post by Joe »

I think voting is now over.

Congrats to the winners.

I'm thinking Newman will do the prize gifting and such so you'll probably hear from him soon.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.