Modern Warfare 2 Release

ROFL WAFFLE
Admin
Ingame Name: ROFL WAFFLE
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11162575

Modern Warfare 2 Release

Post by ROFL WAFFLE »

As you all know I want nothing to do with MW2 and I even canceled all three of my reservations. Now, working at Gamestop I see the hype that people put behind this game. Our store has over 600 reservations. But I'm standing by my morals and not purchasing until the produce a game PC gamers asked for. What the computer gaming industry is doing reminds me of what car manufacturers did that forced them into bankruptcy. They make what they THINK people want and not actually WHAT people want. The car industry made excuses much like Valve did for L4D and as IW is doing for MW2. I believe in Darwinism and capitalism. I hope IW goes out of business or at least hurt so bad they never want to create a PC game again due to lack of financial capital for choosing the current path they're on. We could all continue to buy the SHIT products they release or we could stand for something and show them that we want a quality product. The problem with PC games is that you can't return them if unsatisfactory as you can with console games.You will notice the gaming industry is pushing for digital downloading so console gamers can no longer return their games as well. Thus, drying up the used game industry. I urge everyone to vote against public health care and also not support Valve's L4D2 and IW MW2. Together as a group we can show we want more and stand for more. Thanks ROFL WAFFLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLxSBz8_ZeE
Godkills
Manager
Ingame Name: Godkills
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:37001

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Release

Post by Godkills »

Meh.. I'll probably buy it when the price comes down. The single player in 4 was really good. I don't plan to pay $60 for a single player game though.
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Post by Newman »

MW2 broke the street date a few places. Followed by official orders from Game Stops corporate. Can we say, desperate for sales much?
This past weekend, GameStop made the decision to break street date and sell reserved copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in select markets where other retailers had broken street date. Our decision followed many conversations with Activision and was an effort to protect our customer base.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
xHERO
Manager
Ingame Name: xHERO
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:1947729

Post by xHERO »

I really liked the first one, but they're really trying to screw over the PC market with their new policies. I'll wait until it's available for $10 or $20 and buy it for the single player.
Newman
Founder

Post by Newman »

Time for a handy reminder: if you've pre-loaded a copy of Modern Warfare 2 on Steam, you won't be able to play it later tonight like everyone else.

Yes, while anyone buying a boxed copy of Modern Warfare 2 on PC have only to wait until November 10 (ie, only a few hours away) to play the game, if you've pre-purchased the game over Valve's Steam service, you have to wait a little longer

Despite both games employing Steam as a means of DRM - hence the lockout - Valve confirmed with Kotaku today that customers purchasing a copy of the game over the same system allowing retail buyers to play on the 10th have to wait an extra two days, until Thursday, November 12. In Valve's own words:

Those who purchase the retail copy will be able to activate and play the game on November 10 via Steam.

Those who purchase on Steam will be able to activate and play on November 12.

We asked "uh, why?", and have yet to hear back from Valve, though we suspect it may have something to do with avoiding the rush. We'll update if we hear anything more.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
Newman
Founder

Post by Newman »

<Stuff and Nonsense />
ROFL WAFFLE
Admin

Post by ROFL WAFFLE »

Insanity Ware has lost their minds. I worked last night at the Modern Warfare 2 Midnight launch at my Gamestop location and it was crazy. We sold all 850 copies we had in stock for console, of those, 658 were reserves. We got 10 PC editions in and guess how many we sold.................ZERO
Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Post by Stephen »

damn i cant wait to spend 10 hours fixing a humvee

and wii version i want lol
Newman
Founder

Post by Newman »

I've ready quite a few comments on stories about MW2 and a good chunk, perhaps a majority too are disappointed over things like no party chat, campaign being too short, nothing really new etc.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
Stephen
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] ﯖҭϵҏӊϵɳ
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8566258

Post by Stephen »

party chat was removed to prevent ghosting when they coulda easly fixed that with the ol' black screen death cam
Wussie
Spy
Ingame Name: Wuss
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by Wussie »

I watched some gameplay trailers for MW2 and it looks way too slow for me. I lol'd irl when I saw what they consider CTF action. Probably won't pull me away from quake or TF2 for too long, although I may by it since a few friends have it already.
ROFL WAFFLE
Admin

Post by ROFL WAFFLE »

You can't even fucking lean in it. WTF? IW said "it's not balanced for lean." These guys have a whole another agenda and I can't figure it out. Why the hell would they take so much away and give nothing back? No in game chat, no dedicated servers, no leaning, no ping counter, no admin, no kicks, no anything. WTF
Newman
Founder

Post by Newman »

Stephen wrote:party chat was removed to prevent ghosting when they coulda easly fixed that with the ol' black screen death cam
Or ya know one of the many other options

-When you are dead you can't speak
-You can't spec anyone besides your team
<Stuff and Nonsense />
Godkills
Manager
Ingame Name: Godkills
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:37001

Post by Godkills »

They built the multiplayer for casual PC gamers. The problem is said group doesn't actually exist. Casual gamers buy consoles...
Newman
Founder

Post by Newman »

Godkills wrote:Casual gamers buy Wii's...
fixt
<Stuff and Nonsense />