Mass Effect 3

TheKeef
Admin
Ingame Name: Lawyers Guns & Money

Mass Effect 3

Post by TheKeef »

I have saves from the first two games as a Renegade Shepard. Anyone else have save games to play off of?

Still think it's pretty cool what I did in the first will matter in the third.

If you havent tried the series, you must. Its really pretty epic, and worth a bargin bin buy any day of the week.
ImageImage

Stage IV T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma Survivor, Cancer Killing Ninja Motherfucker.
Marcus
Donor
Ingame Name: [ATG] Marcus
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11563238

Re: Mass Effect 3

Post by Marcus »

Yeah can't wait to get it tomorrow. I wonderhow my decisions in ME 1 & 2 will affect the outcome of the 3rd game.

I've tried the ME3 multiplayer in the demo, I'm pretty impressed with it. If anyone wants to play with me in a squad you can add me on Origin as

Marcus_White_Bch
TheKeef
Admin

Post by TheKeef »

I have had 2 ps3's (my original finally died after roughly 4 or so years). I would be soooooo pissed if my shit died 4 times.

I have been reading that past choices offer exclusive characters, quests, convos, and more. Fuckin sweet.
ImageImage

Stage IV T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma Survivor, Cancer Killing Ninja Motherfucker.
Marcus
Donor

Post by Marcus »

I'm a bit pissed b/c one of my characters is corrupted or ME3 can't seem to find it... I have another character in ME2 which was imported from ME1 which was already in the works, just have to finish the loyalty missions... argh

Still played ME3 without an imported character, the story is EPIC!!!
ByronTheBulb
Donor
Ingame Name: ByronTheBulb
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by ByronTheBulb »

damnit i forgot to finish ME2. well, actually i finished it once and then overwrote the saves because an ATG-er (forgot who) told me morinth is way better than samara. i proceeded to use an older save (at least 3 hours less of playtime) to go back to the samara loyalty mission. big mistake, since i eventually found out there was no way for me to get evil enough (later i found out i just had to max out either paragon or renegade) to win morinth over.

got frustrated and bored over the game. now i have to relearn it again to finish up those remaining hours.

i wish i remembered which ATG-er told me about morinth.
TheKeef
Admin

Post by TheKeef »

That's why I make my choices and stick to them. I would never go back 3 hours of gameplay. I get pissed about replaying even 15 mins if I forgot to save ;p. To avoid this I usually whore the quicksave, using it to try diff options instantly if I feel I might miss something killer. But I try to pick what I would do or say, to make the game more immersing. Remember the loon, near the start in ME1? Can't wait to see what happens because I punched him in the face .

Speaking of renegade/paragon my shepherd looks like his face was made in a blender.
ImageImage

TheKeef
Admin

Post by TheKeef »

Marcus wrote:I'm a bit pissed b/c one of my characters is corrupted or ME3 can't seem to find it...
Hey there man, I was just reading about an issue with Shepards that date back to ME1, if you used a custom face in ME1.Dunno if you used one, but anyway man, here is the text and a link.
somefuckindude wrote:omfg! if you created a custom Shepard in ME1, you CANNOT import the custom face in ME3! How could Bioware have missed this? i mean you play 2 games with one face and for what??
geeez, they wont even admit its a bug, they called "an issue".

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... ex/9661093

Are you fuckin' kidding me?
I think I had an issue with my face from ME 1 in ME 2 so I had to make a new one, I will soon see if this affects me too.
ImageImage

TheKeef
Admin

Post by TheKeef »

OH NOES!!! REEPERZ!?!
ImageImage

ByronTheBulb
Donor

Post by ByronTheBulb »

but...but i heard morinth is SOOOO cool
ByronTheBulb
Donor

Post by ByronTheBulb »

ME3 on xbox 306 w/kinect looks awesome!

too bad my saves are on PC
Marcus
Donor

Post by Marcus »

TheKeef wrote:
somefuckindude wrote:omfg! if you created a custom Shepard in ME1, you CANNOT import the custom face in ME3! How could Bioware have missed this? i mean you play 2 games with one face and for what??
geeez, they wont even admit its a bug, they called "an issue".

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... ex/9661093

Are you fuckin' kidding me?
I think I had an issue with my face from ME 1 in ME 2 so I had to make a new one, I will soon see if this affects me too.
No that's not it, I have 2 save files I can only find the one with the first ME2 go through I did without the ME1 import. ME3 just can't find the other save file. I haven't looked around enough to see what the problem is. I didn't customize the Shepard's face in ME1 (to my knowledge).

EDIT: I might have inadvertently messed up the save file when re-formating my computer or continued missions after the Omega 4 Relay Collector Attack Mission...
TheKeef
Admin

Post by TheKeef »

Yeah that's what I was hoping, that my ME2 save should be good to go if the saves from first game aren't. I lucked out the first time around and still had my old saves sitting around :D.Didnt know they would even be worth a shit someday.

I hope more games take the approach of what happens early and in previous titles can affect many things in later games.
ImageImage

Marcus
Donor

Post by Marcus »

So I finally remembered what I did with the ME2 file that had the ME1 import, I re-imported it in ME2 to play again and forgot about it (like I only started the missions before downloading the collector ship data, so it's a bit too long to do) but I have another character that is further along with ME1 data in it. Lol totally my mistake.
Hell_Rell
Heavy
Ingame Name: Hell Rell

Post by Hell_Rell »

I downloaded my save files from Masseffectsaves.com and then used the program Gib whatever to edit the save file that was closest to mine (i had first two on xbox) to how i wanted it. It allowed me to fuck with the class, background story, ME1 choices and so forth but not all of the ME2 choices are changeable so read what the files contain before you use them. I was able to import my guy just fine and even rename him.

Anyone down to do some co-op tonight? Xxplicitt and myself have been in Mumble while we play.

Add me on Origin - Triiipledot
Joe
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Joe
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:3883133

Post by Joe »

Just finished a few minutes ago.

I think I may go back and play ME 1&2 and try to get higher Paragon/Renegade and a better ending.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.