GTA V

Nothing.
Scout
Ingame Name: Nothing.
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:16441079

Re: GTA V

Post by Nothing. »

SandvichSpy wrote:Looks pretty good! Can't wait to try it. Although I'm wondering if there will be any homage to san Andreas in this one.

"Homage"? What are you talking about? It IS San Andreas.
Nothing.
Scout

Post by Nothing. »

SandvichSpy wrote:
Nothing. wrote:
SandvichSpy wrote:Looks pretty good! Can't wait to try it. Although I'm wondering if there will be any homage to san Andreas in this one.

"Homage"? What are you talking about? It IS San Andreas.
I thought it was just L.A.
Nah, you can totally see a few landmarks from from GTA SA, albeit more close to their real-life counterparts, like the Gant Bridge (Golden Gate Bridge). The desert environment with the turbines strikes me as Bone County, or Tierra Robada, which could translate to where Las Venturas is going to be located. Judging by these little things, I can make a fair guess that it's going to include basically all three cities.

The one I am skeptical the most is Las Venturas. Since San Andreas is based on California, and with Rockstar going with a more realistic approach, finding a way to integrate Las Vegas/Las Venturas into the world keeping that theme might be challenging. After all, Vegas is located in Nevada, not California. But I'm probably wrong. Rockstar managed to to include very messy bits of New Jersey with Alderney, but really clusterfucked at that
Lord Melchior
Ingame Name: [ATG] Lord Melchior
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:24385041

Post by Lord Melchior »

Nothing. wrote:Nah, you can totally see a few landmarks from from GTA SA, albeit more close to their real-life counterparts, like the Gant Bridge (Golden Gate Bridge). The desert environment with the turbines strikes me as Bone County, or Tierra Robada, which could translate to where Las Venturas is going to be located. Judging by these little things, I can make a fair guess that it's going to include basically all three cities.
You're missing the giant obvious VINEWOOD sign. xd
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Post by Newman »

I just like to find the fastest cars and ramp them off shit. Also bullets are for hooker face.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
Tahko
Admin
Ingame Name: ᴅɢz! Hartmann
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:20888205

Post by Tahko »

Lord Melchior wrote:
Nothing. wrote:Nah, you can totally see a few landmarks from from GTA SA, albeit more close to their real-life counterparts, like the Gant Bridge (Golden Gate Bridge). The desert environment with the turbines strikes me as Bone County, or Tierra Robada, which could translate to where Las Venturas is going to be located. Judging by these little things, I can make a fair guess that it's going to include basically all three cities.
You're missing the giant obvious VINEWOOD sign. xd
Vinewood = Hollywood which is in L.A. Since the game sets in place L.A., it's obvious Hollywood would be a district in the game, right?
Lord Melchior

Post by Lord Melchior »

Stephen wrote:i always wished they would release a easy sandbox for this game.
and always wanted to recreate my town in it lol
mtasa.com
Lord Melchior

Post by Lord Melchior »

Tahko wrote:Vinewood = Hollywood which is in L.A. Since the game sets in place L.A., it's obvious Hollywood would be a district in the game, right?
Sorry i was focussing on San Andreas signs rather than non-Los Angeles San Andreas signs.
Lord Melchior

Post by Lord Melchior »

GTA V will be set in "a re-imagined, present day Southern California".
also, "GTA 5 will take place in “the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches.” "

Swarce: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/03/grand ... 0&ns_fee=0
IM A COMPUTAH
Donor
Ingame Name: IM A COMPUTAH
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by IM A COMPUTAH »

I never understood the appeal of GTA after playing GTA3. All the games that came out after that are essentially the same thing. What do people see in this series that makes them want to play them all.
Newman
Founder
Ingame Name: [ATG] Newman
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:5580905

Post by Newman »

I play them because I like to run around in a sandbox and find neat places to ramp cars off of.

I probably spent the most time in Vice City at the air port ramping cars on to the roof.
<Stuff and Nonsense />
Lord Melchior

Post by Lord Melchior »

Newman wrote:I probably spent the most time in Vice City at the air port ramping cars on to the roof.
this.
TheKeef
Admin
Ingame Name: Lawyers Guns & Money

Post by TheKeef »

I like the stories and high production values. Vice City had Ray Liota as your voice, the dude that played the lawyer has been in Movies like Quiz Show and other greats too. The story wasnt groundbreaking but it sure was fun. The music selections and radio production are above the real radio on most given days.

You tack on solid (if always buggy due to the sandbox nature) gameplay to high production values, and then the fact that I can buy a hooker, drive to a remote location, get laid, let the hooker out, run her over AND get my money back?

I mean did they really think of everything? Just for me? They shouldnt have ;).
ImageImage

Stage IV T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma Survivor, Cancer Killing Ninja Motherfucker.
Nothing.
Scout

Post by Nothing. »

IM A COMPUTAH wrote:I never understood the appeal of GTA after playing GTA3. All the games that came out after that are essentially the same thing. What do people see in this series that makes them want to play them all.
A variety of things. It's generally been a very good sandbox series that has existed for quite some time. Using GTA III as an example compared to the major improvements that have come in sequels would be a bad example. Things have changed since then, games are more dialogue driven, gone more towards a somewhat realistic approach, and general physics improved.

The ability to just cruise around and explore, or to do so and be a homicidal maniac is the general appeal. And having firefights with the police was always a wonderful pastime.

If you want general improvements: GTA VC introduced tiered weapons, motorcycles, and helicopters for the first time, along with creating a somewhat larger emphasis on the story of the protagonist (Claude in GTA III was a mute, whereas future protagonists were anything but mutes). GTA SA took the existing GTA sandbox and made it the biggest one in the series during the time it was the most recent, along with putting heavier emphasis on player customization than Vice City could. More vehicles, superior handling, and even adding planes to the mix, including a fighter jet.

GTA IV reintroduced the fabled Liberty City via semi-realistic themes whilst still keeping the overall GTA tone. It is currently the most realistic as far as GTA will go, being fairly loyal to the design of Manhattan, and surrounding boroughs. It pretty much perfected combat by adding a cover system, and smoother aiming (at least on PC). It also introduced a very well-done physics system that made driving, and made combat have a nice feel to it. Ragdolls, real-time vehicle damage that was more realistic than predecessors. But at the same time, it was also controversial. Because it had subtracted much player customization, and freedom that GTA SA had.

GTA IV didn't have much you could post-game. Except just go on killing sprees with cops, whereas older games had many side missions, and mini-games. IV also took out planes, but obviously not permanently from the GTA series. Hopefully with V, we will see a return of the freedom that SA gave us with CJ ( GTA SA protagonist) in terms of player customization, and map size. It is obvious that planes will be making a return. I'm amazed that in roughly three years, Rockstar already took the IV engine and perfected it further visually.

All in all, GTA is just a fantastic sandbox that has endorsed freedom, and being able to do pretty much whatever you like, however you like.