lololol dead island

Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Re: lololol dead island

Post by Magus »

I read an article that really summed up my feelings for the game. Let me find it:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/09/dead-i ... ightening/
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Post by Magus »

I think this is the part that's most true: "I think the real reason for the trailer’s impact was that it promised us something that, as it turned out, we wanted very badly."
Nothing.
Scout
Ingame Name: Nothing.
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:16441079

Post by Nothing. »

Magus wrote:I think this is the part that's most true: "I think the real reason for the trailer’s impact was that it promised us something that, as it turned out, we wanted very badly."
Oh yeah definitely. The trailer with the family is perhaps one of the best trailers for me to have ever witnessed. Ironically, it is my policy to never trust a trailer, even when I first saw that trailer. And yet, like the many other trailers that dupe you with mindless drama/slowmotion/et cetera.. The game couldn't reach up to the expectations many people were expecting came time for release. And honestly, I was expecting at least a game genre of RPG-horror based on that trailer alone.
Denomaniac
Spy
Ingame Name: E² ¯.¯ !!DeNoMaN¹Ac!!
SteamID: 0:0:11264608

Post by Denomaniac »

Stephen wrote:hmm lets see, steam was the only ones to get the dev version of the game, it being fixed with in 12 hours. and you having rented yours for a console if you rented from red box would know nothing of it being on pc.

and do explain these serious issues

considering the majority of multi platform games are ports to pc. battlefield bad company 2 is a port to pc.

and there really wasnt very much hype at all until within the last year.

The game was supposed to have its own dedicated PC porting team, and it doesn't look like it did. You're right in how I would not be able to experience it on steam, but by even two vids I wonder how they released the dev version of the game. If they patched in 12 hours, that's fine, but how can they make a mistake like that? I can list alot of serious issues, but like you said, most of them HAVE been patched, but that doesn't give them an excuse for releasing the dev version. It may have been hyped since last year, but it's been in development since 2006, and they manage to make such a mistake as releasing the beta of it? You said this was all patched however, so I'm guessing the game should be at least playable. There were some very obvious serious issues though, such as nocliping with y, not being able to change your video resolution or graphics in general, mouse sensitivity, and many more.