Brink?

Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Brink?

Post by Magus »

So, have you guys heard about Brink? Apparently a lot of people are REALLY anxious for this game to come out, saying that it's going to revolutionize the genre, etc etc. Here's the trailer *ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXWV8N4yBLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJAP0OcZj4k&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK-2Um20 ... ure=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-kVnw4RA80

I'm worried that the graphics are gonna be Crysis all over again and I may struggle to run it :\
ATG Aaron
Manager
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Re: Brink?

Post by ATG Aaron »

I am so freaking pumped about this game right now
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

I KNOW. I honestly can't even believe how indepth this game seems to go. It seems to take the non-douchey things from call of duty, add in completely integrated movement, and dynamic gameplay that's constantly changing in a MULTIPLAYER setting. That's everything that a game SHOULD have lol.
madmattd
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] madmattd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:22659932

Post by madmattd »

Looks pretty awesome I must say. I might look into it when it comes out.

As for high graphics power, well, people STILL can't max out Crysis...but most people have no trouble playing it, you just might not be able to run 1920x1080 with 16x AA, everything on ultra high and get 60+fps...
"Chinese Sentries - they're cheap, crappy, and have little lights on the top!" - Pretendica
Dan(omite)
Donor
Ingame Name: Dan(omite)
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:16930891

Post by Dan(omite) »

While I am excited about it, I don't think it is going to be as revolutionary as they want it to be. In one of the videos they try to describe it as tearing down the walls between genres because its a shooter, an action game, and interactive.... well no, it is still really just a shooter. They just added the ability to press a button that allows you to interact with more objects and changes the way you move. Now, I agree that is more than what most shooters do, but I don't think its going to knock my socks off. I'll still pick it up and give it a shot, because I want to support devs integrating new ways to play, but I will hold off until playing it before I really praise it.

I will add though that I want to read more about their "dynamic objectives." I didn't watch that video yet, but to me that is more innovative in a shooter than the S.M.A.R.T. button.
ATG Aaron
Manager

Post by ATG Aaron »

I want a new game for us to rally behind and start playing again

especially as TF2 feels like its slowing down
Tobuoi
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Tobuoi
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:23563807

Post by Tobuoi »

This is a pretty petty complaint, but I think the game's art is really unappealing. Also, when the fuck are they gonna start offering female character models in these games? "OH MAN, THE CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION IS SO AWESOME EXCEPT THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN CHOOSE YOUR GENDER." I mean, really? Come on. It's one thing in games like CoD where it's attempting to simulate actual military combat, but as far as I can tell, Brink isn't based in reality in the slightest, so why not humor 40% of the gaming population by offering a female character or two?

As far as the game "revolutionizing the genre", they said the same thing about Rift, and it's pretty much a more polished WoW and little more. What is the novelty behind this game supposed to be, exactly? Prince of Persia movement + guns? Okay...

I'm probably being unfair seeing as how I haven't even played the game yet, but I don't think it's going to be all that special. We'll see what happens when it comes out, though, since I am notorious for trashing games that I later get super into.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy
Ingame Name: Light Of Darkness

Post by Light Of Darkness »

They compressed Mirror's Edge into a single button.
Also BRINK is about a civil war, you girls would be all NO CIVIL WAR IZ BAD ME NO FIGHT
Tobuoi
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Tobuoi
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:23563807

Post by Tobuoi »

Light Of Darkness wrote:They compressed Mirror's Edge into a single button.
Also BRINK is about a civil war, you girls would be all NO CIVIL WAR IZ BAD ME NO FIGHT
LOL. Have you ever taken a history class?
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

Tobuoi wrote:
Light Of Darkness wrote:They compressed Mirror's Edge into a single button.
LOL. Have you ever taken a history class?
YEAH. EVERY WOMAN IN HISTORY JUST RAN AWAY. ALWAYS.

In all honesty, I think you're being really unfair about this game. The dynamic choices and integration of multiplayer/singleplayer is something totally new that it looks like they are pulling off. And how do you NOT like the art style? It's probably one of the coolest things ABOUT the game. Look at borderlands? That shit was awesome, and I think this is gonna be even cooler.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INdCggR4KVk

That's art.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy
Ingame Name: Light Of Darkness

Post by Light Of Darkness »

goose
Admin
Ingame Name: Goose

Post by goose »

Sounds cool but im afraid its going to be released horribly. I can see the SMART button being an utter failure *cough* dolphin diving *cough*

If they pull it off It may be worth getting.
ATG Aaron
Manager

Post by ATG Aaron »

Tobuoi wrote:"OH MAN, THE CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION IS SO AWESOME EXCEPT THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN CHOOSE YOUR GENDER."
they dont want to promote domestic violence
kwbrownie2003
Admin
Ingame Name: [ATG] Brownie

Post by kwbrownie2003 »

im actually looking forward to this game, it looks really cool, but like magus said lets hope its not crysis graphics, and i had a really tough time getting the graphics on med XD
no Brownie you are credit to team-Derp ♥
I HAVE NASTASKA-ChoZO
spy almost spyed me!!-Derp ♥
"Remember remember, the 5th of november, the gunpowder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot......"-V
Brownie, how can I stay mad at you, You're my apartment-Blackphoenix
Me:I'm hip, I'm fresh! Yeah fresh out of dumbass school-Conan
Web Master
Sniper
Ingame Name: Webfinders

Post by Web Master »

They seem to pride themselves on the new mechanic, but the gun gameplay doesn't seem to fit the bill just right. Hopefully they'll rework it a bit to feel smoother and authentic.