Dragon Age II

Lance Uppercut
Spy
Ingame Name: Dr. Lance Uppercut
SteamID: 00000000001

Re: Dragon Age II

Post by Lance Uppercut »

My roommate has an xbox...they made a more console friendly version (apparently the first game didn't work too well). You just have like 2 sets 3 of hot-buttoned abilities that you swap out as opposed to having an action bar. I still think it's better suited for pc...but I think that about most games.
Tahko
Admin
Ingame Name: ᴅɢz! Hartmann
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:20888205

Post by Tahko »

Nah. The only thing consoles are good for are their exclusive games. You can just hook a gamepad up to your computer for games that feel more comfortable that way.

Kind of off-topic, but speaking of console exclusive games I am glad the new MGS will be on PC as well.
Lord Melchior
Ingame Name: [ATG] Lord Melchior
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:24385041

Post by Lord Melchior »

My brother got it yesterday.

looked pretty cool from what I saw. Kindof like Fable but definately more cool.
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

The interface/GUI is a lot different than the original. It's more simplistic which I like but a bit harder to get used to because everything isn't popping up at you. You've gotta look for stuff yourself. The gameplay feels a bit different as well, but that may be because I'm used to playing League of Legends (where Q, W ,E and R cast the spells and you can free look). The action is great the spell/talent hierarchy is kind of cool looking too.

I love the new fighting styles for the classes. Although I'm starting out with mage I've played with Varric and Carver a bit. Mages fighting is probably the coolest by far. It's not just wand waving anymore. If you're close to the enemy you attack it with your staff lol

As far as graphics go, it's decent stuff. I like the way this game was detailed, far better than Origins. The only thing I'm a little unhappy about is the Frame Buffer Rate - I can't turn it off so I see those squares during cut scenes and it ruins the quality in my opinion.

It will take me a few play-throughs to fully understand the story. Either I just don't listen or I kind of shuffle the quests and get confused lol

So far, at level 6, I give this game a 8 out of 10. I WANT TO TURN OFF FRAME BUFFER RATES, DAMMIT! And I don't know if it's just me but Hawke doesn't always attack enemies when I try to target them. It's like if you don't click in a specific place (s)he won't attack.
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

I'd like to revise my rating. It's definitely a 9.7 out of 10 now. I found that if you press R it will target the closest enemy and attack. Same goes with looting, R will loot the closest corpse/chest.

The races look a lot different, too. I thought all Qunari were just dark-skinned fellows, but they're actually demon-like people with horns and such. And the Elves don't look like short humans with pointy ears anymore. Their eyes are more almond shaped, their faces are modeled differently and their bodies are very thin. I never go anywhere without Merrill. <3
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

Yeah. The controls are all the same as Origins.

The map is smaller than Origins, too. A lot of the quests feel repetitive because the maps are the same lol
Lance Uppercut
Spy

Post by Lance Uppercut »

I'm a two-handed weapon warrior and it's much more satisfying than the first game, combat is way more frantic. My only real problem is I don't know the conflict yet...I guess the game takes place over 10 years so there are several problems to tackle, but so far I'm just trying to make money...for..something...
Cool game though...
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

You're making money to go into the Deep Roads with that Dwarf, right? The only thing that is confusing in this game is the armor. You can't change your parties' armor but you can get upgrades? I don't know how to upgrade their armor though. And are there armor sets that give bonuses? I've only seen one set for mage and I can't recall if it gave a bonus or not. Maybe they removed it because single items give bonuses, I don't know.
Lance Uppercut
Spy

Post by Lance Uppercut »

yeah, nobody has told me how to use runes yet...I bought an extra slot for one character and have nothing in it so far
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

Berserker is OP. I be steady auto-attacking. R is cruise control, fuck cap locks. amirite?