So who plays league of legends

Light Of Darkness
Heavy
Ingame Name: Light Of Darkness
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Re: So who plays league of legends

Post by Light Of Darkness »

Apparently Dreamhack has been a mess of DCs.
Tahko
Admin
Ingame Name: ᴅɢz! Hartmann
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:20888205

Post by Tahko »

I only saw one during the EG game, I think

And anyone with a brain knows not to fuck with Poppy, only idiots would sleep on her.
Demoman
Ingame Name: Avatar
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:11033851

Post by Avatar »

Light Of Darkness wrote:Yeah, apparently Poppy is sleeper OP like Cass and Trundle.
Also, what Kassadin DOESN'T buy a Bveil?
Try out AP Poppy. You're slightly more reliant on being able to slam someone into a wall but you explode people like a miniature hydrogen bomb.
Also, stack a few philos on her. Philos have the downside of making you susceptible to burst. Poppy is anti-burst.
AP poppy is inferior to AD because, and maybe only because, AD poppy can farm, while AP poppy can't farm. I've played both, but I live by AD because on AP, you do damage, but its pretty much all limited to your Q and E, if someone has a banshees veil, its pretty much over for you, and the scaling on Poppy's ult affects auto attacks too, don't forget that. I like that you can go AP, ult someone > DFG > combo up = dead, but the sustained damage on AD is simply way better in lane and in general when you get a bloodthirster/gunblade.

BTW Poppy is impossible to burst because of her passive, and 1 philo-stone should suffice, any more than that and you're hampering your build. 2 at maximum if your getting tower farmed really badly, but usually only go with one and then start building sheen. Your passive is basically OP as fuck and makes you harder to kill the lower life you have, which is why you can eat a vlad ult at like level 6 with 150 hp and live through it.

Only issue with poppy i have atm is i take ignite/exhaust and flash could help majorly, but exhaust and ignite are just too good to pass up. Exhaust someone in teamfight + ult them = immune to damage, and ignite just to finish off those low level kills.

edit: another benefit of AD Poppy: yomuu's ghostblade. Pop w + yomuu's at same time, run away from a teamfight. And with the extra movement on triforce, you're pretty much always guaranteed to live unless all 5 start chasing you.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

But if you take Flash on poppy it's easier to set up wall-charges in the lane.
Killer
Admin
Ingame Name: Killer
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:13902581

Post by Killer »

free urgot week, time to troll
Killer.
Demoman

Post by Avatar »

Light Of Darkness wrote:But if you take Flash on poppy it's easier to set up wall-charges in the lane.
tis true, but you dont want to be using flash to initiate. :) overall exhaust is better with her ult, you're basically invincible to all damage for like 8 seconds.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

Light Of Darkness wrote:But if you take Flash on poppy it's easier to set up wall-charges in the lane.
tis true, but you dont want to be using flash to initiate. :) overall exhaust is better with her ult, you're basically invincible to all damage for like 8 seconds.
I think using flash to initiate is justified during laning
also you could just take flash AND exhaust
SirDumpling
Admin
Ingame Name: Dragoon

Post by SirDumpling »

Evelynn

* Hate Spike missile speed increased
* Shadow Walk now applies a 3 second 30/35/40/45/50% slow instead of a stun
* Malice and Spite
o Passive heal reduced to 150/225/300 from 350/500/650
o Attack speed bonus reduced to 25/50/75% from 50/75/100%

Eve's almost as bad as heimer now
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

They removed the only reason to play Evelynn, her stun. She was useless before.. now she's a waste of a champion slot.

This is the worst patch I've seen yet, tbh. Another Vayne nerf, A Nunu nerf, 10 Gold Per 5 nerf, Philo nerf, Gold Reward nerf, Morgana nerf... and Fiddlesticks got another buff. I don't see why anyone is complaining about the only good thing that came out of this patch, that being the Xin Zhao nerf and the Jax nerf. They didn't even nerf Xin where he needs it most, his Q, it does way too much damage early game.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

Passive heal was pretty broken, it let her 2v1 when she had a slight advantage.
Evelynn is a bitch to balance. Without her stun she's essentially useless (which was what they aimed to do with her this patch and her nerfs will probably be reverted once the stealth remake comes out) but with it she's pretty OP.
Also, REMOVE HER TERRIBLE FUCKING ART.
EVERYTIME SHE GETS A KILL THAT FUCKING SMIRK IS LIKE OLOLOLOL YOU GOT KILLED BY EVE NOOB
EVERYTIME I KILL HER ITS LIKE OLOLOLOL YOU KILLED A SQUISHY GJ
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

In what way is Eve OP? Sure, maybe if your team is dumb enough to walk around without Oracles mid-late game. Early game, when I know I have an Eve in my lane, I always buy pink wards my first trip back.

Eve is the easiest champion to counter.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

Tahko wrote:In what way is Eve OP? Sure, maybe if your team is dumb enough to walk around without Oracles mid-late game. Early game, when I know I have an Eve in my lane, I always buy pink wards my first trip back.

Eve is the easiest champion to counter.
She's extremely binary, like Kat. If she get's countered, she get's countered HARD. If she doesn't, gg.
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Post by Magus »

LOD hit it on the head. That's why Eve is a pretty consistant ranked game ban. It just forces the other team to go a completely different direction in an effort to counter ONE player.
Demoman

Post by Avatar »

Tahko wrote:They removed the only reason to play Evelynn, her stun. She was useless before.. now she's a waste of a champion slot.

This is the worst patch I've seen yet, tbh. Another Vayne nerf, A Nunu nerf, 10 Gold Per 5 nerf, Philo nerf, Gold Reward nerf, Morgana nerf... and Fiddlesticks got another buff. I don't see why anyone is complaining about the only good thing that came out of this patch, that being the Xin Zhao nerf and the Jax nerf. They didn't even nerf Xin where he needs it most, his Q, it does way too much damage early game.
can't tell if trolling or just really really stupid.

This patch has probably got to be one of the best balance patches ever. Shield fixes and lifesteal/spell vamp fixes alone are pretty solid by itself.

The Evelynn nerf is totally justified, because basically you're forced to spend (every 3 minutes) an extra 375 gold per team (assuming 1 vision ward per lane) or oracles, which will add up over time as there is no current way to break eve out of stealth even though you do see her. It just causes one team to spend an unnecessary amount of gold basically just to counter one player, and stun from stealth is just a broken concept in general.

The nunu nerf is done as well for ganking purposes. 1 rank of snowball should not be enough to keep someone permaslowed, thats pretty much the only reason.

The vayne nerf is justified as a built in sheen and her other toolkit is just too stupidly strong, at this point im pretty sure you're trolling.

As for the gold/10 nerf, personally i welcome this even while being a poppy player, Heart of Gold is still way too strong on tanky dps (hello jarvan) considering its upgrade path, and its very common to see a jarvan/renek/irelia stacking 2-3 different gold/10 items and the amount of gold you get at 3 items (90g/minute with 3) was just way too strong especially on support characters like janna/taric who usually don't need farm as much as carries but had another source of gold.

The absolute BEST thing that came out of this patch is the wards/mushrooms nerf, because being able to drop a ward and jax jump/lee sin kick to it was borderline cheating, and even though i do play teemo its pretty cheese to counter a rammus by dropping a shroom and walking away. Luckily, heimer turrets are unaffected. Dat rocket fist.
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

Tahko wrote:They removed the only reason to play Evelynn, her stun. She was useless before.. now she's a waste of a champion slot.

The nunu nerf is done as well for ganking purposes. 1 rank of snowball should not be enough to keep someone permaslowed, thats pretty much the only reason.

The vayne nerf is justified as a built in sheen and her other toolkit is just too stupidly strong, at this point im pretty sure you're trolling.

As for the gold/10 nerf, personally i welcome this even while being a poppy player, Heart of Gold is still way too strong on tanky dps (hello jarvan) considering its upgrade path, and its very common to see a jarvan/renek/irelia stacking 2-3 different gold/10 items and the amount of gold you get at 3 items (90g/minute with 3) was just way too strong especially on support characters like janna/taric who usually don't need farm as much as carries but had another source of gold.
I don't really care much about Eve because I hate the champion, but I still stand by what I said before. There are so many efficient ways to counter a gank. CV, wards, or flash. The only time I'm killed during a gank is when mid forgets to call mia.

I'm over the Vayne nerf already, she still does a good amount of damage for how squishy she is.

So, they nerf the 10gold/5 because of tanky dps champions? If you ask me, that's hardly balancing a game seeings how other champions DO need that extra gold because of poor farming/supporting.