So who plays league of legends

Light Of Darkness
Heavy
Ingame Name: Light Of Darkness
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Re: So who plays league of legends

Post by Light Of Darkness »

Tahko wrote:Pffft, I start with Ruby Crystal when I play carry. 8) lol jk

Also most of our summoner names are on the earlier pages of this thread.
I tried starting with Ruby Crystal a few times on Annie.
"What harass?"
It also made a Catalyst a bit cheaper.
The downside? Hope to god you have a full mana regen page because you'll be out of mana fast if you decide to harass once or twice in a million years.
SirDumpling
Admin
Ingame Name: Dragoon

Post by SirDumpling »

I wouldn't get any runes until you are level 20, Das. They hardly do anything before that, and having more champions = more fun.
As Tahko said, the only heroes spell vamp is really 'good' on are Vlad and a select few others. Rod of Ages is a great early item on many AP champions, since catalyst is godly in lane, and it adds all-around good stats. Crystal scepter is similar to RoA, I guess.
Deathfire is only good on a few heroes (Poppy, AP Yi, Eve in some cases, etc). There are items that give bigger bang for your buck on most heroes.
Some of the more simple heroes are Nunu, Malphite, Alistar and Ryze. They all have ways of slowing down/stunning opponents, and they are all naturally pretty beefy (Ryze is the exception, but he stacks Rods of Ages, making him tanky).

To summarize: Don't play Heimerdinger.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

How to play Ryze: Rush Tear Of The Goddess, build into Archangel's Staff or Manamune (would you rather hit enemies harder or be able to damage turrets?) as 4th-6th item.
Choice boots, Glacial Shroud, Catalyst The Protecter, Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil or Rod Of Ages (AP nukes=BVeil, otherwise RoA).
You can get Archangel's or Manamune now, or hold it off if you still want to build up mana with ToG, then Void Staff, then choice (I've seen some get Rabadon's Deathcap+Archangel's which gives them a respectable amount of AP that Ryze can never use because his AP ratios on his skills are absolute shit)
Spell rotation: FACEROLL SPELLS THEN SPAM Q
Skilling order: QWQEQR then R>Q>W>E
SirDumpling
Admin

Post by SirDumpling »

i hope you don't mean in that order. why on earth would you get glacial before catalyst?
blue crystal > tear > boots > catalyst > sorc boots > catalyst > RoA > Banshee's/RoA. glacial isn't good unless you're getting focused by ad carries. his cooldowns are low enough as it is for the most part.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

W/ glacial shroud and passive CDR on your Q, your CDR is 28%. Ryze relies highly on spamming his spells a lot, which is less of a problem later once he maxes out his W and gets close to maxing E.
SirDumpling
Admin

Post by SirDumpling »

that still doesn't explain why you'd give up on the laning power of catalyst early. shroud is a mid/late game item, not early.

EDIT: Ryze has quite possibly the best last-hitting spell in the game besides Vlad, but Vlad's only gets bullshit when he hits 9.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

I'm bad at farming so by the time I farm up enough for a catalyst I'm already like level 9.
Ryze has the best last hitting spell
Annie's Q refunds mana, Ezreal's Q costs less etc. etc.
Tahko
Admin
Ingame Name: ᴅɢz! Hartmann
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:20888205

Post by Tahko »

Dragoon missed it earlier. We did custom 5 v 5. Magus, Roadkill, Killer, Tim, Das, Light of Darkness, Lath. We had a shit ton of people.

Fucking Magus spamming Lux spells from beyond the fog of war. I couldn't even see any ults coming. I had to spam W that whole game as Sona. smh.
SirDumpling
Admin

Post by SirDumpling »

ezreal's is a skillshot. you're not going to hit the creep you want every single time. also does less damage. annie's has a longer cooldown (hardly, but still) and costs more mana. she also needs more ap than ryze, meaning she can't just go pure mana.
no longer responding to this argument. i've made my points, you made yours. i still think going for an early glacial is dumb compared to the godlyness of catalyst.

on a side note, riot needs to actually nerf tanky dps. renekton is still bullshit at everything, as is jarvan. anyone who thinks otherwise is silly.
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Post by Magus »

gg :D
Das Forscher
Admin
Ingame Name: Das Forscher
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:10843303

Post by Das Forscher »

Yeah that was a fun game, although I got owned. WTB deathstar laser cannon so I can gib 3 people at once like Magus :)

Bought Nocturne and Shen. Nocturne is fun to roam & gank with, although I'm not comfortable playing such squishy champs. Shen is so beefy it seems kinda OP, even when underfarmed, his Q makes it possible to solo or lane 2v1 even though he is a melee champ...and abusing the taunt w/ exhaust while tower hugging early game is hilarious. I guess the average person isn't dumb enough to push up on a tower against a Shen, but at my level in the matchmaker so many people do it that it's almost guaranteed first blood even against tanky champs.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

Shen is a tank. Tanks are supposed to be beefy. Shen is also one of the best tanks because he can force the enemy to attack you and not your carry.
If you want a REAL tower hug to win champ, play Rammus. 3 second taunt say whut?
Also, you can build Nocturne tanky and still have absurd damage. All you need to do is make sure they pop your spell shield for that AS boost and stay on your Duskbringer trail as long as possible.
Das Forscher
Admin
Ingame Name: Das Forscher
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:10843303

Post by Das Forscher »

I understand that Shen is a tank. It just seems like he is a lot harder to kill than the other tanks I've played (mummy, Alistar, Malphite). I've played Alistar and Amumu the most out of the tank champs and they can both get melted pretty fast no matter how you build (unless the other team does something dumb like all AP/all AD). I guess it's probably because Shen can kite like a boss when his Q is maxed, has a shield and an annoying escape mechanism with his dash, plus I've been running flash/exhaust so I can pretty much always get away if I need to. That doesn't happen when I play amumu or alistar, because they have no escape mechanisms and are just meant to stun and disable.

It could just be my imagination, or that I'm playing at a very low level where most people rarely focus anyone well in teamfights. Shen just seems very tough to kill once he's got a couple of decent items. I love playing him, though. Being so beefy and also able to harass well is great for beating up on squishies in solo lanes and ganking people, and the ult is truly awesome when the teammate you ult on knows how to react to it. Had several teamfights break out where I ulted in on a somebody getting owned on a push and we turned the fight around.

Do you have any suggestions on how to build Nocturne for a little bit of survivability while having good damage? Like, realistic builds, not ideal builds where you are fed to the gills the whole game. I was centering my build around cooldown boots or merc treads, bloodthirster, and black cleaver. I never really have enough gold to get the top-tier damage items with enough left over for defense items.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

To build a tanky DPS you build according to the enemy.
Choose your defensive items wisely, you could go Atmog's and randuin's if their AD champs are a problem.
SirDumpling
Admin

Post by SirDumpling »

for nocturne, it all depends if you're jungling (which he is a god of. i'm not sure if you can without runes/good masteries though).
most people go berserker greaves (unless they have 5 stunners) > Wriggle's if jungling > ghostblade > Banshee's/GA and so on.
You just have to analyze the enemy team and build accordingly.