So who plays league of legends

Demoman
Ingame Name: Avatar
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:11033851

Re: So who plays league of legends

Post by Avatar »

you get rylais on tank singed because
1) it has 500 health and 80 ap. you need both of these.
2) control.
3) control.
4) did i mention control?
5) oh btw control.

a 35% slow. Someone touches your poison and they will not be able to catch you, or more importantly ESCAPE you. They flash? You flash. They ghost? Lol 35% slow gl catching me. Your job as tank singed is to keep the other team off your carries. Fling + 35% slow is the best way ever.

Your team is at 10% and need to get away? NP just put on poison, adhesive and nobody will get to your team. Someone flashes/ghosts? Fling.

Also archangels does synergize well with your passive. It gives you like what.. 350 hp? ASSUMING it is full built. Which it will like never be. But aside from the mana, it doesnt really give you much, no survivability via health, armor or magic resists or other effects.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy
Ingame Name: Light Of Darkness
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:00000

Post by Light Of Darkness »

Isn't it 15% with AoE spells?
SirDumpling
Admin
Ingame Name: Dragoon

Post by SirDumpling »

fairly sure it's 35% on his poison since it's not considered an aoe spell
Das Forscher
Admin
Ingame Name: Das Forscher
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:10843303

Post by Das Forscher »

This looks like an interesting game, going to give it a shot. Can anyone recommend some good simple/starting champions to play with while learning the game mechanics?
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

Das Forscher wrote:This looks like an interesting game, going to give it a shot. Can anyone recommend some good simple/starting champions to play with while learning the game mechanics?
Garen, Ryze.
Play the battle training first, is the best advice I can give.
If you're into ranged DPS, Ashe is god queen of kiting.
For melee DPS, someone like Xin Zhao (I saw a Xin build pure AS (SoTD, PD, zerkers) and completely rape with 3 second CD 3 talon strikes) is nice.
The best tank in the game is probably Shen atm, but he takes skill to land his dash on the enemy champs so that they attack you and not your carry (his dash has a taunt attached to it)
For tanky dps, garen allllll the way.
Tahko
Admin
Ingame Name: ᴅɢz! Hartmann
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:20888205

Post by Tahko »

Well, until you gain Influence Points (You get them from playing the game) you can't buy champions. Each week there are different champions to play for free. And every two weeks there is a brand new champion added to the game. You can hone your skills in Coop vs. AI (To get a feel for different champions and champion builds) after you finish the tutorials and stuff.

LoL is a hardcore team-based game. So, it'd be best to try out different types of champions. Tanks, Melee DPS, Ranged Mages and Support, because you'll probably get games where people don't want to tank or play support.

Also, this is a good site to check out different builds for champions: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/browse
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

leaguecraft is better imho
except for the tryndamere builds, oh god the tryndamere builds
stacking phantom dancers
recommending lifesteal
not getting IE as first major item
Das Forscher
Admin
Ingame Name: Das Forscher
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:10843303

Post by Das Forscher »

OK, so I spent most of my day playing co-op against bots. Decided to play Brand since he's free and sounded like a fun champ.

My basic understanding is:

1) Each ability has a coefficient that is multiplied by your champ's total AP, and the product of this is added to your ability's base damage as additional magic damage.
2) For mage characters like Brand, you want to just stack AP items so that you can nuke as hard as possible.

Is that essentially correct? I was originally building him with Doran's items because I had no idea what to buy (had Doran's blades lol, I guess they only work for physical damage so it's worthless on Brand?) My plan now is to start by getting a few amp. tomes ASAP, transitioning into fiendish codex, picking up sorcerer's shoes and hextach revolvers when I have enough gold. Just want to make sure I understand the AP mechanic.

Also, is it a good idea to just buy runes that up AP/mana/etc instead of getting runes that help survival? I am always a little wary of min/maxing in any game, but it seems like a glass cannon build is the best for a champ like Brand.

So far this seems like a really fun game with a lot of depth. Although I feel like I have no idea what I am doing :)
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

Defense: base items are the most cost efficient as far as armor and magic resist goes
Damage (AP/AD/AS): upgrade ASAP.

There are also some champs with abilities that scale with AD (usually around 1:1), some only bonus AD (what you get from items), base AD (what you already have) or total AD.
Also, NEVER. EVER. EVER. BUILD. GLASS. CANNON.
Not until you have a reliable team (I.E. premade) and even then you should always have a BVeil.
Get a feel for each and every champ that you get first in Coop vs. AI. If you think it's too mana hungry early on, start with a meki pendant+2 health pots. If you think it benefits from having more spammability instead of sustainability, then grab a mana crystal+2 health pots.
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

I just got pantheon. He's pretty boss.
Scales well with ArPen better than pure AD somehow. Seriously, rush Brutalizer, then IE then Last Whisper and watch their life bars melt.
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

Better AP Items would be Rylais Scepter, Rod of Ages, Arch Angels Staff, Rabadon's Death Cap or Abyssal Scepter. Spell Vamp isn't that great, tbh. Not all of your damage is magic (e.g. auto attack) and the only time spell vamp is really efficient is with a spam caster or with a champion who has a sustained ability.

lol, Swain + Hextech Gunblade vs. Vlad. Who can steal hp faster?
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

How I wish lifesteal applied to Pantheon's Q and E :[
Demoman
Ingame Name: Avatar
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:11033851

Post by Avatar »

Ive been doing a lot of singed thinking recently. Rod of ages isn't as bad as it first seemed i guess. Ill start using it instead of abyssal scepter in my builds.

Also, das: whats your in game name? Add me: JxcelDolghmQ

also if youre playing mana champ you should like almost always start off with meki pendant or dorans ring. Mana crystal is terrible first item except on like singed / karthus
Light Of Darkness
Heavy

Avatar wrote:Ive been doing a lot of singed thinking recently. Rod of ages isn't as bad as it first seemed i guess. Ill start using it instead of abyssal scepter in my builds.

Also, das: whats your in game name? Add me: JxcelDolghmQ

also if youre playing mana champ you should like almost always start off with meki pendant or dorans ring. Mana crystal is terrible first item except on like singed / karthus
It lets Annie harass with Q instead of just farming it up.
Tahko
Admin

Post by Tahko »

Pffft, I start with Ruby Crystal when I play carry. 8) lol jk

Also most of our summoner names are on the earlier pages of this thread.