The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hell_Rell
Heavy
Ingame Name: Hell Rell

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Hell_Rell »

Not a lot of mods out yet, skyrim nexus has a few but mostly texture based.

Also whoever posted about alchemy and other crafting skills being useless/sucking, id beg to differ. Towards the higher levels those crafting skills (alchemy, smithing, enchanting) will become heavily used if you want to make the best weapons and armor. You need smithing to make better stuff, enchanting to make +smithing gear for higher bonuses while improving things and alchemy to make +enchant potions for even better enchantments.
Hell_Rell
Heavy
Ingame Name: Hell Rell

Post by Hell_Rell »

SandvichSpy wrote:If you guys ever get ebony ingots I suggest you save them for when you can do daedra crafting. Daedra stuff = slightly better than heavy dragon armor (by about 2ish points) and dwarf over all other weapons in terms of attack power. Best part is they use ebony crafting recipes + 1 daedra heart per thing you make(although very rare and costly)
I actually found a town that had a group of men who hunted Daedras.
Tahko
Admin
Ingame Name: ᴅɢz! Hartmann
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:20888205

Post by Tahko »

@Hell_Rell I didn't say smithing was useless. That's the skill I'm grinding currently. I'm at 72 I think, working my way to 100 so I can make Dragon Plate armor. I haven't really needed to enchant yet, but I will be leveling that after I get my restoration and blocking leveled up more.

I don't see use for Alchemy.
Alchemy: The reason I believe this isn't needed is because you can just buy potions from shops and the shops restock daily. So unless you're going to play the game with using absolutely no magic at all (assuming you're melee - you'll burn through healing and stamina potions) then I don't see the need to make your own potions. Your rebuttal might be something along the lines of Elemental Resistance or Magicka/Stamina Poison. My response would be: Kill your enemy fast. Works for me every time.
I mentioned Alteration but that can be useful to some people.
Illusion spells seem pretty dumb to me.
Illusion: You can render an opponent incapable of fighting depending on it's/your level. Opponents flee, but wouldn't that deny your EXP? lol The only Illusion spell I use is Clairvoyance and I can see Invisibility being useful but not for my character.
I'm not saying that these don't need to be in the game. I just don't see the point in leveling Alteration and Illusion, a reason being.. the spells work perfectly fine at Novice level. I'm only level 25 so maybe this is post should be chalked off as a noob but if I can fight a Blood Dragon with no armor and Apprentice level magic... what should I be afraid of that I'd need to use Master Illusion or Master Alteration spells?

@Sandvich You couldn't post this earlier? I sold all my Daedra Hearts earlier today. :(

Also, does anyone know the level cap in this game?
Magus
Manager
Ingame Name: [ATG] Mäġůş
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:17489579

Post by Magus »

Statistical Cap is 70.
Marcus
Donor
Ingame Name: [ATG] Marcus
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11563238

Post by Marcus »

SandvichSpy wrote:
Magus wrote:Statistical Cap is 70.
What does that mean exactly?

Also, certain skyrim guards sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger when they talk lol
Make the skyrim guards say California, then you will definitely know if it's Schwarzenegger
Das Forscher
Admin
Ingame Name: Das Forscher
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:10843303

Post by Das Forscher »

This game is awesome. Easily the best game I have bought since New Vegas. Favorite thing so far is the giants. They are just plain adorable and fun to be around. I tried fighting a couple of them and got my shit stomped (only level 8). Also they launched me into the stratosphere. I'm assuming this is a common bug because it happened every time one killed me. I think that says a lot about a game when even the physics glitches are entertaining :lol:

Wondering something about enchanting. I know you can "disenchant" an item to get the magical effect and use it on some other item. Problem that I'm having is, enchanted items are pretty rare to find as loot and have effects I don't care about, and enchanted items at the merchants are pricey as fuck. Is there some place where you can purchase the magical effects themselves?

Also, question about magic...I'm doing an archery/one handed stealth build for my first character, and I wanted to do a destruction mage for my next build. However I read on the unofficial wiki that destruction magic has no scaling into late game. Has anyone played a destruction mage into late game? Can you still fuck stuff up with fireballs etc? If not, lame. The other magic trees don't really look very interesting or useful in combat.
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

My main questline got glitched. I pretty much have to start the game over. GG
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

Also, No you can't buy just the enchantments das. Also, I'm trying out a mage now. Blood Elf
Tahko
Admin
Ingame Name: ᴅɢz! Hartmann
SteamID: STEAM:0:1:20888205

Post by Tahko »

I'm not sure what you mean by scaling, but you can level the certain elements so they do more damage. Also, leveling Dual Casting is great and getting stagger makes fighting EVERYONE so much easier as they can't do shit when you dual-cast firebolt repeatedly. If you're a mage, I would recommend healing restoration spells, that way you can focus all your potion money on Magicka pots until you find the Arch-Mage Robes and/or Morokei's mask.
Das Forscher
Admin
Ingame Name: Das Forscher
SteamID: STEAM:0:0:10843303

Post by Das Forscher »

Well, I'm not 100% sure what was meant by "scaling" either. But I'm assuming it means that in the same way your base damage with weapons increases as your level/skill increases, your damage with destruction spells does not, or something.

I'm going to try it either way. I was planning to just max out fire/ice/lightning, healing and whatever else looks cool or useful. I'm finding the healing spell to be really useful even on my current character, because I don't use mana for anything else.

You guys remember when you were little kids and Christmas was the best day in the year? Remember how it was so hard to sleep because you knew the next day was FUCKING CHRISTMAS and you just wanted the night to be over already? I slept maybe 4 hours last night and I don't care because I'm just going to play skyrim all day after I shower. I haven't experienced that feeling in a long time. Thanks Bethesda :lol:
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

My main questline is broke. Not sure if I said this yet.

Yeahhhh
Dan(omite)
Donor
Ingame Name: Dan(omite)
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:16930891

Post by Dan(omite) »

How'd it break? any console commands that could help fix it?
Magus
Manager

Post by Magus »

No console commands to fix it, and my autosaves were overwritten when I re-entered the cave to pick up the NPC's. NPC's are waiting for me to solve a puzzle that's already been solved, basically. I've made a tech at Bethesda aware of the issue, and apparently it's cross-platform. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the patch after thanksgiving.

Also, HOLY SHIT http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143 ... nto-skyrim
Dan(omite)
Donor
Ingame Name: Dan(omite)
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:16930891

Post by Dan(omite) »

I take it you didnt manually save anywhere along the way?
Lord Melchior
Ingame Name: [ATG] Lord Melchior
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:24385041

Post by Lord Melchior »

Epic DLCs upcoming.